Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

corsair... that is HYSTERICAL! what a great sense of humor... and good balance too!

Lynne... aaack! next time I'll get pics I promise...
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

After a long hard day, you all have me laughing so hard I snorted my coffee
    I guess the abbrieviation is LSHISMC ?

thanks, I needed that

This thread got me thinking, "can people see my butt crack?" I just put my shorts in the washer, and before i did, I held them up to the light. Is there a difference between being threadbare and being able to see thro them a little bit? or is it just one and the same? Maybe that's why I've been "improving" on the group rides, I thought I was getting faster, but I must be passing the guys just cuz they're dropping back to check my shorts. Hahaha.

And I was just getting confident about wearing my lycra! Now comes the part where I stand on a chair in front of the bathroom mirror, bending over with a flashlight trained on my behind! Does this mean we should always go for the 8.5 oz. lycra??

ROTFLMAO!!!!!

This thread is too funny, have all these images of you in front of mirrors or with hand helds, standing on chairs, using torches, peering at shorts before washing or trying them on...

I bet we could write an entertaining article on the perils of bike shorts

I'm just thankful I live with other bikers and when shorts begin to look a tad thin, we let each other know...

I think I would fall off the chair, drop the torch on my toes... give my self whiplash from contortions in front of the mirror...

This thread demonstrates there are perils to cycling that have not been fully explained...

Courage does not always roar. Sometimes, it is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying,
    "I will try again tomorrow".

Too, too funny!

Kind of reminiscent of the 80's and the teeny tiny running shorts that were the vogue for fellas.

My best friend decided he'd start running with me. It's summer, it's Houston TX, it's very hot. We go to the park, he throws his shirt in the car and is wearing those little onionskin splits. He was very athletic looking... long and lean. Looked like a runner, but never exercised a day in his life.

His, uhm, endowment (read "hugemongus") was tucked somehow into his shorts. We're running along and I notice people coming the other direction keep double taking on Rick and getting either wide-eyed or blushing mightily.
    After a couple of miles I finally follow their eye path and... my buddie's best pal has re-adjusted itself and a good 3" are peeking over the waistband, shoutin out a big hello to passers-by.

I started cracking up but managed a "The horse is leaving the barn"... he looked down, shreaked, slam-dunked into his shorts and we finished the last mile or so with Rick the color of an apple and his right hand pasted to his waistband.

I was laughing so hard I couldn't see straight.

spazz
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Spazz, that was snort beer out my nose funny!! I can just picture those itty bitty shorts failing to do a proper job.

Now comes the part where I stand on a chair in front of the bathroom mirror, bending over with a flashlight trained on my behind!
    Doesn't "Our Bodies, Our Selves" have a chapter on this?

Queen; to be perfectly frank (no pun intended) there was no running short on the market that could've "done the job".

Latelatebloomer; I remember that chapter The book was the "required" text at the first womens studies course offered at Univ of N. Mex. in Albuquerque... and yes, I was in that class (ah, the 70's).
    no regrets!

My ride: 2003 Specialized Allez Comp - zebra (men's 52cm), Speedplay X5 pedals, Koobi Au Enduro saddle

Spazzdog Ink Gallery
    http://www.printroom.com/pro/gratcliff

Quote Originally Posted by Jaz
    Maybe that's why I've been "improving" on the group rides, I thought I was getting faster, but I must be passing the guys just cuz they're dropping back to check my shorts. Hahaha.
    oh dear.. me too!!!! *giggling madly*

GREAT thread.. I've seen thin shorts plenty of times, but decided I'd rather enjoy the view rather than embarass the rider...

Just imagine... passing someone and saying... "On Your LEFT, and hey, you might want to check your shorts..!"

Quote Originally Posted by nicolezoie
    Just imagine... passing someone and saying... "On Your LEFT, and hey, you might want to check your shorts..!"

or "On Your LEFT - Cheek!"

This thread is just as hilarious as the one about knees to boobs in the drops. Thank all of you so much for making me laugh until I was crying!

Nuttie: I was ROFL imagining someone walking on you while you were "checking your shorts".....thanks for that visual!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

ROFLMAO !!!!

This thread is so funny !

Last week, I told my husband that I thought I could see through his shorts. Now I realize what was happening. I guess I was seeing through them! I need to tell him..LOL!

To all of you bending over in front of the mirrors. Becareful!

spazz... OMG! the story about your buddie is too, too funny... poor guy!

nuthatch... LOL... be careful on that chair... roadraven is right... there are all sorts of perils to overcome... cars? BAH! It's the checking of shorts that creates a real problem!
    There is a fine line between "hobby" and "mental illness".

This thread is hilarious! A girlfriend of mine calls it "shiney butt" and told me to tell her, if I ever see it on her.

I forgot to mention this earlier in this thread but just an FYI, lycra swimsuits do the same thing and have the added voyeuristic fun of water making the problem worse! Check your suits Ladies!