Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

To disable ads, please log-in.

LOLOL I looove that song! "Somebody started singing it not knowing what it was....." It drives my kids crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by staceysue View Post
    Or how about this one? I just LOVE this ear worm:

This is the song that never ends
    oh it goes on and on, my friends
    somebody started singing it, not knowing what it was!
    Now they'll continue singing it forever just because . . . . .

This is the song that never ends
    oh it goes on and on, my friends
    somebody started singing it, not knowing what it was!
    Now they'll continue singing it forever just because . . . . .
    Heh, my hubby's younger cousin used to sing that ALL the time! We tease her about it, now. She will be graduating college in a couple of months.

Glad things got semi-resolved with the scary guy. I live in the boonies and think about this on my solo rides.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

We all have our own personal earworms, but not having kids around me I hadn't heard of two of them here - "The Song that Never Ends" and "The Song That Gets on Everybody's Nerves" ...

so of course I had to go to You Tube and check them out I am alone so there was no one to say "step away from the keyboard Catrin, you don't want to know what those songs are"

New earworms

Oh I knew better than that! Songs I never heard and can tell I don't need to.

Except.... now that you've got me thinking about songs that loop around to the beginning...

There was an old man named Michael Finnegan
    He had whiskers on his chinnegan
    Along came the wind and blew them in again.
    Poor old Michael Finnegan! Begin again....
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post

Except.... now that you've got me thinking about songs that loop around to the beginning...

LOL, I knew it was dangerous, but I just have to live on the edge sometimes

Staceysue-

So glad things seem to be less dangerous than they appeared. I hope they continue to improve for you, and that you don't have any more scary incidents.
    Most days in life don't stand out, But life's about those days that will...

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    The guy who was following me is mildly mentally handicapped and has extremely poor social skills, but she says he's not dangerous.
    Oh that's good news!! Now you know what you are working with and hopefully you'll feel like riding your old circuit again.

Quote Originally Posted by Catrin View Post
    We all have our own personal earworms, but not having kids around me I hadn't heard of two of them here - "The Song that Never Ends" and "The Song That Gets on Everybody's Nerves" ...

so of course I had to go to You Tube and check them out I am alone so there was no one to say "step away from the keyboard Catrin, you don't want to know what those songs are"

New earworms
    mwaaaaaah haaaaaaa haaaaaaaaa - (that was an evil laugh)

I feel dumb for being as scared as I was - but he's such a big guy and I had been warned about that other guy being dangerous and got them confused. I guess I'm not as together as I thought I was. Maybe I do scare too easily - but when I was younger I didn't scare easily enough and nearly got myself hurt that way. Maybe some day I find a happy middle!

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post

Ack...I haven't thought about that song since I was probably in 4th grade! NOW it's in MY head!
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I feel dumb for being as scared as I was - but he's such a big guy and I had been warned about that other guy being dangerous and got them confused. I guess I'm not as together as I thought I was. Maybe I do scare too easily - but when I was younger I didn't scare easily enough and nearly got myself hurt that way. Maybe some day I find a happy middle!
    Don't feel dumb. Sounds to me like you were being very sensible. It's creepy and threatening behavior. Now that you know the guy is harmless, now you can behave accordingly, but I would definitely not have assumed from his behavior that he was harmless! And you mentioned that other people have confused this guy with someone else who was not harmless, either, so it wasn't just you. I'd say you're plenty "together."

Anyway I'm glad it all feels safer to you now. Happy riding!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thanks, Oak Leaf.

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I feel dumb for being as scared as I was - but he's such a big guy and I had been warned about that other guy being dangerous and got them confused.
    One of the not so great perks of getting older is the feeling of vulnerability. You were just exercising your right to self-preservation.