A little background - I race Sport Class here in the midwest and will be catting up to Expert next season. Our races don't draw a huge women's field so I never have any real competition (hence the reason for moving up to Expert). I'm always trying to encourage other women to ride/race mtb's.

I'm also a mtb instructor and have taught at quite a few women's clinic's.

Today we (myself and the REST guys - like usual) were rocking the trail and came along a bunch of guys with a little girl (8 -10 yrs old) on a xmart type bike (complete with basket) just moseying along. As we passed, I made sure to stop at the girl and ask her to give me a high five for bringing all the guys out to ride (looked like a father figure and bunch of his football buddies). We met up with them again along the trail and as we passed she smiled and waved to which I said "Keep it up little girl!"

At the trailhead, I heard her say, "look dad, there's that mountain biker girl".

My honey thinks it's sweet that I'm always telling all the little girls they look awesome.

Do you guys do anything like this? Just wanted to know if I was the only oddball. I just want these little gals to have positive riding experiences. They will be the one's kicking my butt when they get older!