Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: first race!

first race!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Just did my first race today. Didn't get killed. Didn't come in last. I'm exhausted. But overall, a good day.
    I was a little jealous of my DH. He raced men's beginner cat 4, which was 30 minutes. Women's cat 4 is 45 minutes. Oh well, I worked harder

That is great!! Just think you got more exercise then him...he only did 30 compared to your 45..

Go you!!

How was the terrain? Learn anything you'll use for next race?

-- gnat!

It was fast, mostly flat, very technical. Several gravelly areas that about took me out. I mostly learned that I need to pace myself a little better.
    I did discover I need to practice clipping out a little bit more. I fell trying to unclip to jump over some hurdles. Mostly unscathed except a few bruises and a bruised ego.

Sounds like you had fun. WTG!

Jeni (who blew off my cross race today to take advantage of the 70 degree weather here in Cincinnati and ride mtb's with all my great mtb friends - it was way too NICE to race cross. giggle)

Well done. And don't worry about the unclipping error. We've all been there before!

Lo-great job at your first race! I also had an unclipping error in my first race. One of the *many* times I fell!

Jeni-I would have blown off a cross race for that weather too. For my race thi weekend it was about 50 degrees and rained the entire race. I'd much rather have 70 and dry!

Thanks everyone! Going for race #2 on Saturday.