Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi Caprice!

Welcome to TE! Yes, you fit in here. We have all types and not to very long ago, most of us were just starting to ride bikes again (as adults), too.

I've been on TE for a little over 4 years now and my first post was SOOOO different from my more recent ones. We all evolve!

Can I just say that the last bike I had as a child was a 12-speed road bike with foam grips. I was in 4th or 5th grade at the time. I tied a heavy cord around the handlebars and I coud use that cord as a 'bridle' to ride my bike upright and steer as if I was riding a pony. It was a white bike and I called her my little pony. Your story about piano totally just brought that memory back and I thank you for that.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

I'm 32, overweight, out-of-shape and have a clunky, cheap mountain bike that doesn't suit me or my style of riding lol. But I do love to ride and even though I haven't been here long I like learning (and dreaming) about different bikes, more stamina/endurance/strength, etc. Do I fit in? Probably as much as anyone else

Welcome to the forums, Caprice! I can't tell you how much your post made me smile

I think the only prerequisite for being a TE member is a love of biking. Doesn't matter what kind of biking, what kind of bike, what sort of distance. It's all good.

Max

As long as you love riding your bike, whatever kind of bike it is, this is the place for you.
    I have only been lurking around these parts since this spring and have learned a lot so far-everyone is very good about sharing what they know!
    Welcome!
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Welcome Caprice!

What the others said. We're a pretty exclusive group...you have to ride a bicycle - or want to ride - or used to ride - or just like to talk about bicycles.

Of course you fit in here. And I love your analysis - it's spot-on.

Hope you stick around and that your whole family enjoys cycling as much as you!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Welcome Caprice. I guess you figured out by now that you do belong. You are a female on a bike... heck we even have some guys that post! This is a safe place where you can ask questions without fear of being ridiculed. And you can read the posts and learn a lot!

Hope you have great fun with your bike!!
    ----------------------------------------------------
    "I never made "Who's Who"- but sure as hell I made "What's That??..."

Heck yes you should post! All the other ladies have said it better than I ever could. Welcome and please stick around!

ETA: I read your post this morning as I was heading out the door for my ride and I smiled when I read it! It is great that you can join your family and do something you love!

Welcome! There are some wonderful resources here, and it's a supportive place -- doesn't matter what kind of riding you do.

Hope you had a wonderful ride this afternoon!

I'm over 40.
    I'm over 40 pounds over-weight.
    I haven't ridden any of my bikes in over 40 days.

Does anyone care? Nope. You love bikes and riding, you're one of the gang!

Feel the Velo Love!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

Bahahahahaha! Sorry, I had to laugh.

When I first showed up here I was all excited about finding a woman-friendly forum, having come over from a male-dominated forum that shall remain nameless, but suffice to say they were a less-than-supportive group. I introduced myself here and someone asked what kind of bike I rode. My answer: "Um...purple."

Seriously. I knew NOTHING about cycling other than how to get on and pedal. I've learned a lot here. You will, too. And I daresay your granddaughter will, as well. Lots of us have kids who ride, too.

By the by, my bike then was a Palomar GT mountain bike, which currently hangs in the stable in the garage. The bike I ride now is a little Specialized Ruby Comp I've named Sparrow because she's light, fast, and fierce.

You'll love it here. Welcome.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Caprice, I'm sure you know by now that this is a welcoming group, but I will chime in anyway. I am 59 years old and have a hybrid, and I've gotten lots of help and inspiration from this group.

I find it very motivating to read about other women's adventures. I ride farther that I ever planned to, and I bike through the winter.

I hope you enjoy your new bike, and I would love to see pictures.

Pam

Welcome from a 55 year old who has Terry Susan B hybrid and a Terry Classic, and hardly rode them at all this past summer due to a lack of motivation, and trying to start an online bag and purse business.

But I still feel perfectly comfortable checking TE every single day, and I am still doing my best to stay healthy and fit. There are topics about bread-baking, losing weight, pets, fitness and yes, bikes.

You'll love it here!
    Please visit my etsy shop and support avian rescue and sanctuary efforts:
    http://www.BagsofAFeather.etsy.com

Welcome!
    I look forward to seeing some pics soon.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Oh Caprice, I have to admit I got a bit of a chuckle from your post. You sound a lot like I did when I first wandered into this forum.

This was from my very first post on TE ...

Quote Originally Posted by jobob View Post
    Hi everyone - I came across this forum a few days ago and I’ve really enjoyed wading through many of the threads, what a nice supportive bunch you are!

My name is Jo, I’m in my early 40’s and live in the San Francisco Bay area. My husband and I took up biking about a year and a half ago. Up until recently my husband was much more into biking than I – he now has 3 bikes to my 1, and he goes out riding nearly every day, while I just tend to plotz around for a few hours on weekends on my hybrid, staying mainly on the bikepaths near our home. Riding with me is a ‘rest’ ride for my husband, LOL!
    I wrote that about six years ago. That thread turned into my adventures in getting my first road bike.

Since then, I've met a bunch of women who contribute to this forum, many of whom are my best friends to this day. And since then I've been on some pretty long rides, and I've gotten a couple more bikes.

But my point is, none of us started out with spiffy road bikes or entering races or going out on century rides. Many of the women here started out the way I did, well into our adult years toodling around a bit on the bike paths. Some of us caught the cycling bug along the way and have since set our sights on longer or faster rides, while some of us enjoy more leisurely rides with family or friends or on our own. It's all good.

So welcome.

2009 Lynskey R230 Houseblend - Brooks Team Pro
    2007 Rivendell Bleriot - Rivet Pearl

See what I mean? It really IS the best forum on the entire web.