Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

To disable ads, please log-in.

All this is a bit grim but very cheering. I feel like I am the only one in the world, when I get up all creaky and stuff( which goes as soon as I ride to work.)

So many oldies that are just like energizer bunnies!! I love it( and them, too)

I thought I was never going to get out of this viral fatigue/post viral fatigue slump but I ended up riding 100 km lat week and a two hour, 30 km ride.I could have gone farther too but wasnt sure what it would do to me, later( nothing!)
    It seems to me that cyclists of all shaped sizes and ages are really the sort to not give up. I like this and I like making friends older and younger than me, just because we ride. Im a bit of a odd duck, so its nice to fit into something communal.
    I just hope I get to be like those old guys who whip the pants off everybody, riding 80 km a day ect.
    Conquering illness, one step at time.

I'm 47. I have arthritis, scoliosis and "valvular insufficiency" (severe varicose veins which started in my teens). For a number of years I just felt sorry for myself. Add that to chronic clinical depression and I wasn't much fun to be around. Now I bike daily and graduated from a "comfort bike" to a flat bar road bike/hybrid. I feel much better. I was thin but not in shape. Now I have muscles and endurance. Energy to keep up with my kids. A smile on my face. I decided that life is just too short not to live fully. My house is no longer spotless. Sometimes meals are haphazard. My mom thinks I'm crazy and hopes I'll outgrow this phase. My husband is glad to have a happy wife. My kids cheer me on. I only wish I could get back the years I wasted being unhappy and sedentary.

Deb

Deb,

me too. Anyhow, your awesome!!! We are our own Lance Armstrongs!!
    Conquering illness, one step at time.

Deb, what an inspiring post!

Sharon