Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Compression socks

To disable ads, please log-in.

So has this already be discussed? I know Susan has a pair she was wearing after her long runs.
    I am thinking about getting a pair. TE has the Zoot brand.
    Any other recommendations. I don't think I will run in them -- but definitely want a pair for after those runs.
    katluvr

My former exchange student son, who was a pro for 3 years, wore them religiously after a hard ride or race. I made fun of him for running around the house wearing "stockings," but apparently they have quite a following. I would love to see some real scientific evidence that they do something. Anything to help this old body.

Love them! I started with socks (and here's a tip, you can find "medical" compression socks for diabetics for waaaay cheaper than the athletic ones) and used them after long runs.

After a while, I noticed that where I really tend to get sore in my quads and hip flexors so decided to try the 2XU tights. I love them! I always feel better after wearing them. Highly recommended!

I use Skins tights and I love them

2+ on cheap medical compression socks rather than the expensive "athletic" ones for recovery. Get the 10-15mm ones rather than the 20mm or higher compression if you go this route. You don't need it that high.

+3 on compression socks (got some from Walgreens). My legs were sore after my 10K run this weekend. I wore them today, and my legs feel great.

I was checking out the TE review on the Zoot CompressRX tights, and the sizing is based on your calf/thigh/waist measurement. My waist is a good 1 size smaller than my calf/thigh measurement. :P Weird choice of sizing for athletic people. I guess I'll end up with a pair of tights that are big in the waist but make my thighs and calves feel great

Zensah are the brand that pretty much all of my running pals swear by. They come in a ton of colors, so a lot of runners are starting to wear them during the runs (for warmth, compression, and fashion), as well as after. Quite a few runners are sporting them for every run, nut just recovery. I'm starting to notice them on some elites and smaller race winners in race pics.
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

I have the Zensah compression sleeves. I like them better than socks because I think they'll last longer (no toe/heel to wear out). I wear them during a run and after a run. or both. I'm beginning to think they make a serious difference.
    It is never too late to be what you might have been. ~ George Elliot

My podcast about being a rookie triathlete:Kelownagurl Tris Podcast

Quote Originally Posted by rocknrollgirl View Post
    I use Skins tights and I love them
    Another Skins fan here.

To those trying to get off with the cheaper option of medical grade compression socks, be careful. There is typically too much compression in them. More compression is not better!

I like that Skins actually has done independent medical and scientific studies on the benefits of their products. They've put a lot into researching and putting the best product on the market.

Here's a good compression sock review:

http://runawayfastjaymee.blogspot.co...-compress.html

I love her blog!

Fun blog!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

So I finished my 8 mile run this AM. Showered and came to work. I have had my compression sleeves on since I got to my office about 9:30. I am not sure it is the compression or the general "warmth" that feels so good. I am not sure I want to ever take them off! It must also be the "snug-ness" that feels good. They are descreetly under my dress pants and as long as I dont' cross my legs no one see the bright blue compression sleeves that end at my ankle!
    katluvr