Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Looking at all the love there that's sleeping

To disable ads, please log-in.

Here's my motivation.
    My unemployed DH has been biking tons all year.
    All summer, I had to listen to our biking buds say "Man, you are getting skinny. And fast. When are you going to race? How come you're so skinny?"
    Blah, blah, blah....
    Yesterday, he went to the Dr's for something. They put him on the scale. Since his physical in March, he went from 164 to 158 (he's just shy of 6'). He's now officially skinnier than me. And even at my skinniest, I was barely skinnier than that. (I'm big boned. Yeah, that's it.)
    So, in my depression, I did a major attack on the office jar of animal crackers yesterday. Not good.
    So, I think I need to jump onto this bandwagon to keep me honest.
    My goal is 155.

Smile Weight loss challenge

Hello Ladies!
    I recently joined to be a member of this site. I am so excited! I would love to join the weight loss challenge i am hoping to lose about 10 pounds in 8 weeks. I would love it if someone could help to let me know how i jointhis weight loss challenge. and if there are any tips of diet and exercise that has been helping others.

Consider yourself joined. Tomorrow you can weigh in and post your weight and your goal for the end of the 8-week period. Most weigh in on Fridays but some do so Sat, Sun or Mon because it works with their weigh ins for Weight Watchers or other challenges. No matter to me, just post it when you know it.

As the challenge goes on, folks will post a lot about things that are working for, and against, them. You can glean a lot from the folks in this thread.

After tomorrow I'll post a link to the spreadsheet for all to be able to view.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Possegal, sign me up again too. Weighed in at 214.8 today, goal is still to get below 210 in the first instance. The run-up to the holidays will not make it easy...

Today's weight is a frightening 158. Highest ever

Goal is 160, currently at 167.6. Thanks so much for doing this!
    Slow and steady (like a train!)

http://kacietri-ing.blogspot.com/

OK starting weight 184. Goal for the next 8 weeks 178. Hopefully that is achievable over the holidays

Starting weight - 133. Goal - 129. Four measly pounds in eight weeks. It shouldn't be this difficult .
    Health is the thing that makes you feel like now is the best time of the year--Franklin Pierce Adams

Keep 'em coming folks.

I am so nervous about my weight today. I've been sick for the last two weeks - most tenacious cold ever! But it led to me losing a bit of weight since I wasn't eating much, no appetite. I keep joking that one weekend of eating normally and it will all come back on. I ate pretty normal yesterday (though I did well at avoiding the vending machine). So far, it stayed the same. But as it was, it left me needing to lose 1.4 lbs for this challenge. I changed my goal, now I need to work very hard to not gain 5-6 lbs back in the next couple of days. So - my goal may change if that happens.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?k...pNzdLMGc&hl=en
    http://spreadsheets.google.com/pub?k...0g&output=html
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

Weight this morning was 238... Goal is 225. Not sure how doable it is considering we are heading into the holidays, but I did just start a run/walk program, so that should help!
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Darn.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Sharon

135, I'm going to change my goal to 127. I ate really well this week - This week I started to swim regularly, which is something I can do while my stress fracture is healing. It's amazing how good it feels to finally be able to exercise. I sleep better. Everything feels.. better. And it's not as much of a struggle to eat well. Every little bit!

Hey girls wow you are all such an inspiration. I am struggling with overeating so exercise it not an issue right now its controlling my intake that is going to be really tough for me. I hope to lose ten pounds which if i lose 1-2 pounds a week i should be able to lose it. If i bike for 26 mies what should i typically eat in one day. I weigh 128 lbs.

Starting weight for me: 168.0

The scale did fluctuate into the 167's a bit before settling on 168, so if I keep up my current efforts, next week should be good.
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom