Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 26 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1622232425262728293036 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

OK, Boston area TE'ers. I am expecting Maidei's arrival probably early next week. I would be fun if we could get a group together to ride, but I'm a little booked up with regards to riding times for Labor Day weekend. Sunday (early) is a possibility, though. I am also open to riding on Friday, if anyone else an get out of working. Otherwise, I will take her on the Wounded Warrior ride Saturday the 4th, as it covers all of the historic areas around here.
    Catrin, I think she should be able to make it to you for Oct. 16.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Any pics here as an update for Maidei's fantastic journey?
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I only have 2 pictures, so far. There was a slight camera failure, where the setting got switched when it was in my pocket and 3 pictures just disappeared when Hirakikabu and I went on a ride. I plan to take her on a longer ride Sunday and post then.
    These pictures are on the Old North Bridge, where the American Revolution began.
    Last edited by Crankin; 09-29-2011 at 11:39 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    I only have 2 pictures, so far. There was a slight camera failure, where the setting got switched when it was in my pocket and 3 pictures just disappeared when Hirakikabu and I went on a ride. I plan to take her on a longer ride Sunday and post then.
    These pictures are on the Old North Bridge, where the American Revolution began.
    Nice photos. So Maidei took in some history there in MA, eh? She's getting quite an education in her travels.
    Specialized Ruby/Selle Italia Flow
    1991 Specialized Sirrus, steel frame
    Dahon Eco C7
    Surly Long Haul Trucker/Terry Fly RS
    Trident TWIG Recumbent

Aw.... I just found this thread today. She could've joined me as i drove up to Western Mass (Easthampton) from South Carolina, come along to NYC, and then probably been hi-jacked back down to SC. A little sad she missed the blue ridge mountains. (I was in Mass at the end of august and beginning of september.)

Had i been paying attention much earlier this summer, she could've even come on a drive with me up to Minnesota this summer! And from having done THAT drive many times, i can say that there really isn't much in Indiana or Illinois. Most exciting thing in Illinois aside from Chicago and lake Michigan is the wind farms. Southern Indiana is nice though... because it looks like Kentucky.

Both in MN and MA I got to ride my bike, so she wouldn't have been in a car the WHOLE time.

If she wants to visit the blue ridge mtns at anytime you can send her back this way. Maybe i'll even introduce her to rock climbing if she's not afraid of heights.

Today Madei went on the "Sight Ride." The ride is named this, as it is part of the route we have done for a charity ride, sponsored by the Acton Lions Club, which raises money for glasses for children. I have about ten pictures, but since I have not figured out how to put text under each picture, I will give a little narration here.
    We started out at 9:30 AM, to meet our friends at ten. It was cool, about 55 and cloudy, but I decided to bite the bullet and not wear my knee warmers, because it was predicted to go up to 75. There's a couple of pictures from before we started out, at the house. When we got to the meeting place (High St. and Rt. 62 in Acton), I thought it was odd that we were in front of the cigar, beer, and wine store.
    Off we went. We rode in Sudbury for awhile, through the Great Meadows National Wildlife Refuge; there's a couple of pictures from there. Then DH managed to take 2 pictures where he was riding, holding Madei in one hand and the camera in the other . After I yelled at him to stop, she got put away for awhile. We rode through Weston and Lincoln, and back to Concord center. I had Madei in my jersey pocket, so she got a little sweaty. No room on my teeny bars for her, since i have my light on there, next to my computer. We did ride through Hanscom Field and past the Louisa May Alcott House, but we were all tired and didn't stop for pictures. The last few pictures are from the Concord Visitor's center, where cyclists from near and far stop to use the facilities and fill up their bottles. It was a ten year battle to get this public rest room built! Madei is now resting in her little box. We rode 40 miles.
    Who wants her next?
    Last edited by Crankin; 09-19-2010 at 10:49 AM.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

More pictures...
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

A couple I missed.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Next stop could be Worcester...
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

OK, Jolt. You replied first. PM me and we can work out the details. We can either drive and meet, drive to a point and ride to meet, or send her by mail.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Nice photos, Crankin! Massachusetts looks beautiful this time of year.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Maidei had a great time with your tour, Crankin.

Should be interesting how her journey will evolve since winter is approaching in areas where there tends to be snow...where she is positioned now.

Up to TE forum team to determine her slogging through snow or some sun fun detours....? Just kiddin'. Go with the flow for Maidei. Yay!!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Is she ever headed to South Dakota?
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Maidei had a great time with your tour, Crankin.

Should be interesting how her journey will evolve since winter is approaching in areas where there tends to be snow...where she is positioned now.

Up to TE forum team to determine her slogging through snow or some sun fun detours....? Just kiddin'. Go with the flow for Maidei. Yay!!
    I hope she gets to go south and enjoy some sunshine! It will be too cold to ride in some of the northern parts

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Madei is headed to central MA tomorrow. I will be personally handing her off to Jolt. Not by bike, though.
    Where she goes after that is up to you guys. She definitely could head to some more temperate climates by November first. There's still plenty of nice riding time here, but probably not for other northern climates.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura