Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 47 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141521 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Are there really penguins in NZ?
    I'd rather be swimming...biking...running...and eating cheesecake...
    --===--

2008 Cervelo P2C Tri bike
    2011 Trek Madone 5.5/Cobb V-Flow Max
    2007 Jamis Coda/Terry Liberator
    2011 Trek Mamba 29er

Yese, there really are! Only a few kilometres from the centre of the city. I've never seen them, but I think they only really venture over the road at night. Iknow there was a big fuss last year when one got run over. I just love that sign - it makes me smile every time I see it!

n & S

Cool photos Pip! Nice to hear you're feeling much better as well

There are penguins on the North Island-(saw some really cute fairy penguins on Titiri Maitangi) & South.

My husband and I were lucky enough to spend the weekend on Tiritiri a few years back. Walking along the ridgeline in the dark we nearly walked right over the top of one little guy. He was a long way inland and on top of a very big hill!

Yesterday Maidei joined me at the "girls on bikes" race in Methven. I'll post a photo soon and send her on her way this week

your photos are making me nostalgic for when I lived in Wellington and 'round the bays' was my regular weekend ride

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Lookin' forward to more Maidie adventures, kiwigirl. Must be good weather there?
    Seems like Maidie has travelled ...about at least 8,000 kms. (or more) after being schlepped from Perth, Australia at CC's place and onward.

Where is Maidie going after cruising about NZ?
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

She's going up to Auckland next - then I imagine she will be on her way further afield.

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Kiwi girl - I'll pm you with a new address to send her too I'm in the middle of moving

So i'm leaving for Hawaii - Honolulu on 9th March, shall I take Madei with me or should I send her on to someone in southern California to start her USA trip in the meantime rather than wait ?

I'm not able to get on too often at the moment
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

What about a stopover in Asia first? Singapore? And we'll do a few kms in my little country before i send her on?

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?

Ok

If everyone else is happy with that I'll send her on to you in the meantime rather than wait a couple of weeks for me to get to Honolulu.

Can you PM your address ?
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

haha, after Singapore I'll post her to you again in Honolulu?!

maidei is in singapore!! unfortunately i have no time to ride before i go to medan on wednesday... if i have room in my suitcase i'll bring her!!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Looking forward to more trip photos of maidei in Singapore.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I brought Maidei to Medan, but there was no chance for pictures.

BUT, I brought Maidei out for a ride this evening!!! It was a relatively short one, considering I've ridden my bike the grand total of ONCE this year... I didn't wanna overdo it... but it was a good push factor to go out and ride! it was a beautiful evening and I took some pretty decent photos. Pretty awesome!

here's the link.
    http://www.facebook.com/album.php?ai...2&l=9f9e0a6a4c