Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 9 of 47 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Mela, subscribe and join !
    Looks like post a comment is how to subscribe.

well, sort of. Once you post a comment, i can make you a user. Or if you are already a wordpress member you are already a user I think.
    so now you can post your photos or your long dissertations on Maidei.. too bad whoever has her isn't doing that. I thought we'd use it particularly for photos because they are hard to find on a thread like this.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Maidei only arrived in New Zealand yesterday on her first international flight.... She's recovering from jet lag and will possibly be out on her bike today , if not definatly at the weekend

However i can't post to the blog from work (security access doesn't allow) so any updates to the blog will have to be at the weekend...
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by MillieNZ View Post
    Maidei only arrived in New Zealand yesterday on her first international flight.... She's recovering from jet lag and will possibly be out on her bike today , if not definatly at the weekend

However i can't post to the blog from work (security access doesn't allow) so any updates to the blog will have to be at the weekend...
    ah wouldn't you know it. I chose wordpress because I can access it from work, I can't access blogger or blogspot. go figure. you can post there any time you want, as many photos as you care to. I hope you get some nice weather!
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    MillieNZ, there is another TE member who lives in Maui. I met her last year when we vacationed in Maui. She is aware of Maidei's journey. At this time, she is in Bali until around Feb.

Don't know if she is checking her email regularily while in Bali.

Mimi, maybe it might be better Maidie starts in California after NZ/Hawaii. Northwest coast weather would be better after Feb./March ..in case some of us cycle long distances in relay.

Just a thought. Anyway, Maidei could be passed around in Vancouver area/VAncouver Island area after north Washington area?
    Shooting star - that is cool that you got to meet when you were in Maui. We didn't start corresponding until about a month AFTER I was in Maui.

Anyway I am on Facebook with her if anyone needs to find out anything. Too bad Maidie wasn't with her - She was just in Singapore!

It's about the journey and being in the moment, not about the destination

Quote Originally Posted by eclectic View Post
    Shooting star - that is cool that you got to meet when you were in Maui. We didn't start corresponding until about a month AFTER I was in Maui.

Anyway I am on Facebook with her if anyone needs to find out anything. Too bad Maidie wasn't with her - She was just in Singapore!

weather is going to get nicer here in Singapore, so, it'll be good to send her here! how is this mapping out?

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?

New Country, New adventure

I arrived safely in New Zealand on Wednesday and took full advantage of the Auckland sunshine to rest, recover and top up my suntan …. Sunday was my first planned ride with MNZ on a local trail in East Auckland, hopefully I’ll be following that up with a road ride round the Hunua ranges before heading off to Wellington to visit Pip by next weekend

Unfortunately Sunday morning was rather damp, MNZ blames CC in Perth for some forum comment about Auckland’s dodgy weather,

We headed out and took some paths over fields that had been cut for hay which was rather bumpy before heading up some nice gravel paths over a local country park before heading down to the beach for a catch of the water and some boats fishing ... then we headed back home about the same time as the sun broke through the clouds

Hopefully my evening road ride will be sunny !

A few piccies of me :

PS - MNZ will post this to my Blog later this evening when she can access it from home

PPS - After Wellington - looks like Pip will send me to Singapore if everyone is ok with that ?

PPPS - MNZ will move to Oahu , Hawaii in March so happy to host me again for a Hawaiin adventure with my other Hawaiian TE host in Maui
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Off we go.jpg 
Views:	187 
Size:	38.0 KB 
ID:	10673   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Bridge to no where.jpg 
Views:	166 
Size:	88.1 KB 
ID:	10674   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Downhill.jpg 
Views:	191 
Size:	57.1 KB 
ID:	10675   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	rock climbing.jpg 
Views:	178 
Size:	60.3 KB 
ID:	10676   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	single track.jpg 
Views:	183 
Size:	54.4 KB 
ID:	10677  

People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Quote Originally Posted by MillieNZ View Post
    I arrived safely in New Zealand on Wednesday and took full advantage of the Auckland sunshine to rest, recover and top up my suntan …. Sunday was my first planned ride with MNZ on a local trail in East Auckland, hopefully I’ll be following that up with a road ride round the Hunua ranges before heading off to Wellington to visit Pip by next weekend

Unfortunately Sunday morning was rather damp, MNZ blames CC in Perth for some forum comment about Auckland’s dodgy weather,

We headed out and took some paths over fields that had been cut for hay which was rather bumpy before heading up some nice gravel paths over a local country park before heading down to the beach for a catch of the water and some boats fishing ... then we headed back home about the same time as the sun broke through the clouds

Hopefully my evening road ride will be sunny !

A few piccies of me :

PS - MNZ will post this to my Blog later this evening when she can access it from home

PPS - After Wellington - looks like Pip will send me to Singapore if everyone is ok with that ?

PPPS - MNZ will move to Oahu , Hawaii in March so happy to host me again for a Hawaiin adventure with my other Hawaiian TE host in Maui
    Love the pics!
    Maidei is one lucky girl. NZ is such a beautiful place that I am feeling very jealous of her at the moment.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

ooops

Ooops.. MNZ..sorry about the rain..

At least you can ride during the day atm over in NZ!!! If Maidei was still here she'd have to sit in the freezer to cool down...

Eagerly awaiting Maidei's arrival here in Wellington. Pity she wasn't here yesterday as the weather was cycling perfect. If it doesn't rain this weekend and she arrives ok I might take her out for a spin!

Maidei is in Wellington! However so is a Southerly and the rain. We're relaxing in the warmth of my living room until we can get back outside again ...

I think Maidei needs a visit to the South Island (although the weather here is as bad as Wellington).

Maybe she could try and get here in time to do the subride

http://www.sarahulmerbrand.com/event...h-31-jan-2010/

Pip - I've replied to your PM
    Last edited by kiwi girl; 01-22-2010 at 02:47 PM.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Looking forward to seeing photos from Pip and now kiwi for NZ.

My avatar..is an oil painting that I did. It was inspired by a waterfall photo that my partner took when he went kayaking in NZ for the day. He was cycling and camping in NZ for several months.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Sigh. I haven't been able to take Maidei out yet as I've been unwell again. I was going to take her out today, but a string of still, hot and cloudless days came to an end. Today it's been cold and wet, with a gale Southerly. I had planned to take her into town to watch the last stage of the Tour of Wellington, but no such luck ...

I will, however, try to take her out one night this week then send her on to Christchurch! In the meantime, she's been enjoying the downtime and hanging out on the veranda in the sun.

Pip

Ok, call me dense, but I can't see any way to upload photos on the Wordpress blog. Where is the darn button?!