Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 44 of 47 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Maidei arrived back in Missouri yesterday. Opening her box and looking through all the postcards, maps, notes, and trinkets was so exciting. I wonder what we'll add to the box.

Maidei joined me this morning biking out to pick blueberries. She is excited about participating in Bike Across Kansas next week!

Maidei rides in the basket

Maidei helps Nell pick blueberries

Maidei tries a few blueberries herself. Yum!
    2009 Trek 7.2FX WSD, brooks Champion Flyer S, commuter bike

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I appreciated seeing more through Maidei's eyes when she was in Arizona and now in Missouri. Hope the weather is good during the ride!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Maidei will be on Bike Across Kansas with me through June 16. Where should I send her next?

Maidei and I are in Kansas, ready to get on the bus which will take us 8 hrs across Kansas so we can bike 8 days back! My parents were thrilled with her and we I showed them her box. Mom saw the little mementos and said "She has to have a Jayhawk!" She immediately fetched a tiny crocheted red and blue Jayhawk finger puppet. (Maidei could wear it as a hat!)

Both Mom & Dad got on Team Estrogen and started reading about Maidei's journeys. I've been following her from the start, but here's some trivia I had forgotten:

Maidei is pronounced "muh-DAY". Maidei has a twin sister Monica who lives in Zimbabwe with a child who has a family member with AIDS. Maidei's bicycle is from Madagascar.

Maidei bikes across Kansas

Maidei and I reached the Missouri river today after 8 days on our bikes. Somehow my legs & butt are a lot more sore than Maidei's! We saw so many interesting things in Kansas, made some good friends, and ate a lot. Maidei and I both need cleaned up and a little repair work, then she'll be on her way to her next stop--where will it be?? pm me!!

I'll post more of our story but for now here are a couple pictures.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    So what distance did you and Maidei cover over 8 days. No rain? Model her Jayhawk hat on her.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    So what distance did you and Maidei cover over 8 days. No rain? Model her Jayhawk hat on her.
    525 miles. Didn't get more than a light spattering on the bike, but we sure got it in the tent. I do have a picture with the Jayhawk hat!

Maidei's jayhawk hat

I got her cleaned up and repaired her mouth--she looks much happier now! I'm going out of town and my flight leaves in a couple hours so I won't have a chance to ship her until early next week. Hopefully, over the weekend I'll get some of our adventures posted. In the meantime, here's some of the stories I've been posting about the trip:
    http://www.kemenel.org/melalvai/

My favorite story from the trip, about riding a tandem for a day (edit: warning-- this will bring tears to your eyes)
    http://www.kirksvilledailyexpress.co...37/The-BAK-End

A Kansas "breeze":
    http://www.kirksvilledailyexpress.co...-Kansas-breeze

Here's a post that is just about Maidei. I have a lot more pictures of her! Slowly I will get them sorted and put the interesting ones up. Funny how her trip in Kansas generated more pics than her visits to more interesting places...or maybe that's just me, I take lots of pictures and I talk a lot about them.

Today I was just too busy but I'm hoping tomorrow to get her shipped to her next host.

If you don't want to visit the blog post, here are the pictures:

Joe couldn't come, so his family brought Flat Joe!

The biggest ball of twine in the world (Cawker City, KS)

Historic limestone castle...gas station?

Maidei arrived in Michigan Saturday. Last time I had her it was January so, we did not get to do any cycling. I am excited to show her some great cycling spots in SE Michigan

She just missed a mountain biking camping weekend with us. We got home late Sunday night and there she was waiting on my porch. Been busy unpacking so, she has just had some rest time between trips for now.
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

I would love to have her back in Indianapolis. We were limited to indoor activities when she was here last time so she never got to ride. I don't know what her itinerary is but I wouldn't mind hosting her again

Catrin, I will gladly send her to you after she hangs out with me in Michigan for a bit.
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C

Quote Originally Posted by Trek-chick View Post
    Catrin, I will gladly send her to you after she hangs out with me in Michigan for a bit.
    Cool - no rush

We are going on vacation in a few weeks and plan to do some mountain biking in Michigan's UP so, I will send her after that. Then Maidei can experience both penninsula's of Michigan by bike

We will be back on July 31st. I'll PM you for your address when we get back.
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C

Quote Originally Posted by Trek-chick View Post
    We are going on vacation in a few weeks and plan to do some mountain biking in Michigan's UP so, I will send her after that. Then Maidei can experience both penninsula's of Michigan by bike

We will be back on July 31st. I'll PM you for your address when we get back.
    Perfect! That will give me plenty of time to show her around before the Sub-9 Super-D MTB race in mid-August at which I volunteer - she can help me check in the racers and experience the wonderful trails at Brown County with me