Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 27 of 47 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

We are looking forward to her visiting Indiana

I was hoping she'd continue west into New York. Someone earlier chimed in who lived near Albany and another in Rochester. I am near Buffalo/Niagara Falls. There is another TE member within miles of my house. We could do a hand-over to a Canadian TE member. Maybe Maidei could go around Lake Erie into Indiana. Another option from here is to head south to PA/Ohio. Beautiful riding along that way too.

Michigan wants her too... all I have to say is--- SNOW TIRES (on my commuter)--we are die hards in the Northern parts!!! Snow just makes it more interesting
    Last edited by Trek-chick; 09-21-2010 at 08:10 AM.
    2012 Trek Lexa SL
    2012 Giant TCX2
    2015 Trek Remedy 7
    2016 Trek Lexa C
    2016 Specialized Hellga-Fat Bike

Quote Originally Posted by Trek-chick View Post
    Michigan wants her too... all I have to say is--- SNOW TIRES (on my commuter)--we are die hards in the Northern parts!!! Snow just makes it more interesting
    I'll bundle her up in merino wool and give her a taste of the winter in the Black Hills. I ride all winter long.

Deb
    2016 Kona Rove ST (M/L 54) WTB Volt
    Camp Stove Green Surly Karate Monkey (M) WTB Volt
    Kona Dew Deluxe (54cm) Brooks B67-S

I am new to TE so I just found this thread. What an adventure ,I just sat down and read all 27pgs. I live in Vancouver,WA could we have her for a christmas ride? I have a warm jacket for her
    I like bikes, sometimes more than my husband

Damm, how did Rhode Island miss her? Now that I am back on my bike, I would love to have her for an Ocean State tour. I am headed up to the Seacoast century this weekend... if anyone wants to do a pass off.
    I can do five more miles.

She is officially in central MA, now, with the pass off to Jolt happening at 11:30 AM, at the Solomon Pond Mall.
    I think she is going hiking this weekend.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura
    2017 Specialized Ariel Sport

Found another pic

DH mysteriously found a picture on his computer that Hirakukibou and I took with Madei a couple of weeks ago. It's at the cranberry bogs in Carlisle, MA.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Maidei got to experience a couple of nice hikes in central MA this weekend--didn't end up getting any riding in though. The first hike was Purgatory Chasm in Sutton and the second was Wachusett Mountain in Princeton/Westminster. Sorry I don't have pictures right now...they refuse to upload! I'll have to try again later. Where is she going next?
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Quote Originally Posted by Jolt View Post
    Maidei got to experience a couple of nice hikes in central MA this weekend--didn't end up getting any riding in though. The first hike was Purgatory Chasm in Sutton and the second was Wachusett Mountain in Princeton/Westminster. Sorry I don't have pictures right now...they refuse to upload! I'll have to try again later. Where is she going next?
    Oh, I love Purgatory Chasm! Well, if you want to meet up somewhere, she can come to RI and I can take her on my commute ride next week, and then I can get her to Newport for red rhodie to take her to some of the mansions and around Ocean Drive!

Let me know...
    Anj

Madei is here in Rhode Island! My daughter and I had a nice drive to the meet-up spot and met Jolt. We had a great chat and then a wonderful drive back - Madei riding up on the dash to get a nice view of Western RI! We weren't long in the driveway before I was putting Madei right to work - after all, a world-traveler like Madei should be able to help out for her room and board, right? Here's a slideshow of her evening activities. Tomorrow (barring thundershowers) she will ride up to Providence.

Madei arrives for Fall in Rhode Island

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post
    Madei is here in Rhode Island! My daughter and I had a nice drive to the meet-up spot and met Jolt. We had a great chat and then a wonderful drive back - Madei riding up on the dash to get a nice view of Western RI! We weren't long in the driveway before I was putting Madei right to work - after all, a world-traveler like Madei should be able to help out for her room and board, right? Here's a slideshow of her evening activities. Tomorrow (barring thundershowers) she will ride up to Providence.

Madei arrives for Fall in Rhode Island
    Cool! She looks like she's having fun with the alpacas. Yay, I get to see you! I need socks.

Do you want to go for a ride next weekend for the exchange? Or, we could meet up at the NBX cross training ride in Wakefield on Wednesday night if it's not raining.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I like those llamas!
    I was in RI yesterday, too, riding in Little Compton and Tiverton, as well as Westport. Why do I always think this ride is easy and flat? It was windy, rolling, and tons of false flats. But, beautiful.
    2015 Trek Silque SSL
    Specialized Oura

2011 Guru Praemio
    Specialized Oura

The pictures of the Llamas were fun - and good to see that Maidei was helping out! When she visits Indianapolis she is going to get to visit some local Reindeer Indeed, I think that I want to visit them myself this weekend, it has been awhile since I've ridden in that area.

Crankin you were in my neck of the woods and described my rides perfectly. Beautiful area, I love living here. Everytime I go out for a ride I am reminded of why I love it here and why I came back to it.