Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 17 of 47 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by annielynn View Post
    I am sure that she would love to visit Central Florida.
    I would love to visit Central Florida

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Atlanta!

Maidei is en route to Atlanta. Skinimini will be hosting her there to launch her US tour. Have fun!

How exciting! Can't wait to take her to the Mississippi River

Jamis Coda Femme

Maidei in Atlanta

To all of you Southern TE'ers, let me know if you are interested in hosting Maidei and we can work together to figure out where she goes when she leaves the great state of Georgia.

For those in the Atlanta and North Georgia environs, if she arrives before the 19th, I plan for Maidei ride along on the Jackson County Brevet. On the 20th, I'm tentatively planning a ride around town to show her our fabulous city. One of my guy friends does this really cool ride called "Tour de Town". You hit all of the hotspots in "Hotlanta" before ending up in Stone Mtn--I believe it's a 50ish mile ride. Then she'll head on to be in the company of others.

I'm so excited Maidei will be here shortly!

Quote Originally Posted by Bike Chick View Post
    How exciting! Can't wait to take her to the Mississippi River
    I'm at the bottom of the Mississippi, or pretty dang close to the bottom.

Quote Originally Posted by skinimini View Post
    To all of you Southern TE'ers, let me know if you are interested in hosting Maidei and we can work together to figure out where she goes when she leaves the great state of Georgia.

I'm so excited Maidei will be here shortly!
    This'll be fun. Add New Orleans to the list.
    Of course the scheduling fun is that I'm waiting to hear if I got the job in Seattle. I might know something the end of next week.
    Beth

Let's not forget the New England contingent. I know we had a discussion about a possible route much earlier in the year. She could go up the coast, visit the Mid-Atlantic, New England, and then go on to either Canada, or the midwest.

I vote for Midwest....I would love to have her ride with me in my first century this Fall

She'll get to the whole USA and a lot of southern Canada eventually before heading off to Europe, although at this rate it could be several years.

I still think we should be planning this along the lines of bicycling handoffs, not along the lines of who wants her most and can wait by their mailbox for air freight.

Possible directions from Atlanta are Tennessee, South Carolina, or north Florida. What direction is she going to head first?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I agree in principle with you Oakleaf--I just don't know how the logistics will exactly work. I know in the south, we only have clusters of people and not much in between. I can imagine that would be the case in the mid-west as well. I think NE and Pac NW will have less difficulty hand-to-hand. I'd love to do a handoff, and I could potentially make it work in several different directions. I could do North FL (panhandle area), parts of AL, SC, parts of TN.

Just a thought, but perhaps, from Atlanta, Maidei could head down to FL and then from there up to the Carolinas and Virginia and then continue to the NE. NE TE'ers could decide where to go from there?

This is so difficult, because all of us want to be a part of Maidei's adventure and I hope that we can show her the US in as quick a time as possible. I know I intend to have her just a short period of time before I hand off to friends.

map pins?

Plot people on a map and choose the most logical routing from there?
    Beth

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    So who has Maidei /will get her next?

I'm willing to be a Maidei ride participant --but won't be able to help until after mid-July.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by bmccasland View Post
    Plot people on a map and choose the most logical routing from there?
    Good idea. Not that I've been able to make the TE map work for me. We could create another one and give it another try...
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    So who has Maidei /will get her next?
    I think this is a great idea, as Oakleaf said this would allow a logical progression for her - and perhaps this could allow for at least a few bicycle hand-overs

I, for one, am looking forward to showing her my favorite local riding spots

I agree with Oak. I'm sure we could figure out a zigzag up and down the US so everyone gets a chance. It would be nice to do a bicycle handoff or at least do it in person. Catrin, you and I are just a few hours apart by automobile and there are several folks here in between. I'm sure we can work it out.

Jamis Coda Femme

We should try to plan it with the weather in mind; i.e., if she comes to the NE in January, the chance of a bike hand-off will be pretty small.
    I agree, that in some areas the people are not close together and they will need to resort to mail. On the other hand, there are tons of TE people within 20 miles of me.