Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 16 of 47 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast

Maidei in Chile

To disable ads, please log-in.

Sorry it's taken me so long to post this. Maidei arrived in Chile about two weeks ago. As it happens, I fractured my shoulder when I laid my bike down on Easter Sunday, so we haven't been able to go out for a spin in the Andes. However, she was quite amenable to helping out with the vintage, seeing as that's what we do here this time of year. Here she is inspecting grapes in the vineyard:

And now filling barrels:

And finally, with the finished product (our 2007):

Saludos from Chile!

P.S. where is she going next?

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    I love Maidei poking around the vineyard grapes and riding the barrels. You ought to feature her on your blog, Chile. It'll add an interesting twist to your blog but still wine related.

Who's getting Maidei next? Sooner, the better.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Another thread was started with a couple of responses. I'm in the middle of the US but am traveling to South Carolina in June and could bring/pick Maidei up on the trip.

Luna Eclipse/Selle Italia Lady
    Surly Pacer/Terry Butterfly
    Quintana Roo Cd01/Koobi Stratus
    1981 Schwinn Le Tour Tourist
    Jamis Coda Femme

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    If the SE US is next on the itinerary, there are quite a few of us in this part of the world. I'm in Virginia, and I can help out.

I'm in Atlanta, and I'd love to be a part of the Maidei tour!

...she's welcome to come to Michigan----I'd love to have her

I would love to have her in Indianapolis - and there are others in Central Indiana that might like to see her...hmmmmm, we could get together

We have a decent-sized Ohio contingent too.

We need to just make a decision as to who gets her next.

It still seems to me that if she's going to North America next, it makes most sense to start either in one of the southern corners of the USA or in coastal Canada, and zigzag her way across ... but I guess she could start in the middle of the Plains and spiral out from there, instead!
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

New Orleans is a port city. Seems maybe she should come through a port, "accompanying the wine shipment" as it were.

Or she could be the jet setting international traveler, and fly anywhere into the US.
    Beth

We need to decide one way or the other and I don't think it matters where we start. I think the New Orleans idea sounds good and she could travel up the Mississippi to Michigan and zig zag her way west or east. We just need to get her here somewhere.

Jamis Coda Femme

I can meet her at the dock by the French Quarter, refresher her with cafe au lait and beignets, then we can go for a ride. As a young lady, maybe I ought to keep her off Bourbon Street after dark, it just isn't proper
    Beth

Oh Beth, that would be lovely. I think she would really like that. I think she also needs to taste some gumbo, crawfish and etoufee while she's there. I also agree that it wouldn't be proper for her to be on the streets after dark but certainly don't see anything wrong with stopping by Pat O'Brien's on the way home for a Hurricane!

Heck, you are making me hungry for some wonderful New Orleans cuisine! I think I might join you

Jamis Coda Femme

Just copped on to this thread. Looks awesome! I was about to offer to take Maidei in Singapore because I'm planning to tour part of the way home to Singapore from the Angkor Wat Half marathon in December but I see Deeaimond has already hosted Maidei here. Rock on Maidei!! =D

I am sure that she would love to visit Central Florida.
    ~ Annie ~

Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~James E. Starrs
    My fitness blog

Where has she ended up? Does anyone know?

Jamis Coda Femme