Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Cool looking for 35+ mom riding Cycle Oregon too

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm riding Cycle Oregon for the first time this year. I'm 38, married, mom of 3 ages 14, 12 and 4 all homeschooled. This is the first time I've ever done anything like this. My parents are riding for their second year as well as my 14 year old son. But it would be really great to have some other women to get together with and share war stories of the day. I'm no perfectly fit rider not by far but love to ride and love the challenge. I'm a down to earth country girl (basicly a redneck) and enjoy talking and laughing. Maybe we can form a Team Estrogen?

Thumbs up

I'm not riding CO this year, but I have twice in the past. You're gonna have a ball! I rode in '98 and '99. (In 2000 I rode Cycle Washington & this year I did Cycle Montana) The organization is fabulous, there's plenty of food and rest stops, and everyone is out to have a good time. There's always a few hammerheads, but most folks like to stop and smell the flowers. I think the average age on CO is in the mid-forties.

There's an e-list just for CO. To subscribe, I think you just need to send an e-mail to CycleOregon-subscribe@yahoogroups.com I think you just leave the message blank - just send the e-mail. Beware, though, this is an ACTIVE e-mail group - they post something like 500+ emails per month.

Thanks for the note

Thank you. I was a rider guest last year for my son (13), and parents. I was unable to ride because I was 4 weeks post surgery. It will be great and the ride this year is pretty good despite some changes (ie. 7 miles gravel, deletion of the century ride and addition of 500 addtional riders). Last years route was wonderful, I love Central Oregon. This years is in the High Desert region of the East side of the state. The Steens. My parents and son will be doing the ride for the second time as well as a couple other friends. If anyone sees us in camp or on the road, we will be the out of place rednecks in the ride. See you on the road some time.