Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Talking womens bike colours... do women really want pink?

To disable ads, please log-in.

Hi!

Im a graphic designer an i am working on some graphics for some new womens bikes. (mountain bikes)

my question is what colour bike would you like!

do the majority of women go for feminine colours like pale blue?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kira

I avoid "girly" colors like the plague. Baby blue, pastel pink -- UCK!

But, that's my personal preference; there are plenty of women who like them. To each his own...
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

I think that a touch of a pastel color is nice. Then there are some women who want a bike that looks like it's been airbrushed w/pepto bismol as well as some that don't want any type of "girlie" color anywhere near her ride.

So the obvious answer to your question is definitely maybe.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

I think a pink bike that has some high end features might be cool. Something on the higher end of the spectrum for avid cyclists. Maybe it could be tied into some kind of breast cancer awareness campaign. I've always liked pink. (I like Hello Kitty too, much to the embarrassment of my teen-aged kids)

I like neutral colors- white, black, etc.- that lend themselves well to accessorizing with any color. There are so many cool bartapes, water bottle cages, etc. out there! My "colored" bikes don't necessarily match that stuff, but my black one and white one do

Thumbs up definitely maybe :-)

thanks a lot for your answers, they are pretty similar to the ones I got after canvasing my female friends - some loathe girlie pastels, some love them and some want just a hint of them!

I personally am not keen on traditional women's colours.. but when im commuting i do see a lot of girls riding pastel bikes - i was wondering if it was because they liked them or because that was what was available at the bike shops..

its usually men designing the bikes so i wondered if women were getting what they really wanted!

beccaB - thanks for the idea of linking to something like breast cancer awareness - i will suggest that.

Thanks! Kira

Quote Originally Posted by cyclingtosydney View Post
    thanks a lot for your answers, they are pretty similar to the ones I got after canvasing my female friends - some loathe girlie pastels, some love them and some want just a hint of them!

I personally am not keen on traditional women's colours.. but when im commuting i do see a lot of girls riding pastel bikes - i was wondering if it was because they liked them or because that was what was available at the bike shops..
    Another who HATES the girlie colors (especially pink), but I ride with a lady who has about 20 million shades of pink on her bike. It's all a matter of preference.

As far as girls riding pastel bikes... It seems some manufacturers are worse than others. When I was looking at road bikes, one company in particular did not have a single paint job I liked! They were all too girlie

Green, blue or red. Maybe black with bright color accents.

Deb

Bright orange, red, or lime green.

I don't mind pastels, but they have to match the type of bike--I'd ride a pink cruiser, but not a pink mountain bike.

And I don't think any bike should ever be mint green. Looks like toothpaste.

I'm also so over blue and white. Every single bike I've ever owned has been blue or white. Nothing wrong with them--I'm just sick of them.

Sarah

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by cyclingtosydney View Post
    Hi!

Im a graphic designer an i am working on some graphics for some new womens bikes. (mountain bikes)

my question is what colour bike would you like!

do the majority of women go for feminine colours like pale blue?

Thanks a lot for your help,

Kira

There are over 4,900 women members on this site. (well, maybe a bit less, if you remove the guys)
    I imagine you will get just about that many different opinions about color preference from it.

Here's mine: I depends. (How do you like that as a starting point for design? ) Bike clothing-wise, I have many things that are black. I also have a few blue things and pink things. And a few screaming yellow thrown in for good measure.

My bikes are silver or black - better to accessorize and add that dash of style and color with the clothing.

My $0.02 (what's that in pounds?), just cuz you asked for it.

You can set up an official poll on here if you would like - it would be easier to really see data and more people tend to hit the poll buttons than will type a reply.

As for me - pastels don't turn me on. My current bikes (none of which I had much choice about) are a deep ruby red - which I like a lot, naked Ti - fine, if a bit plain jane - its my rain bike though so it gets dressed up with fancy mud flaps (I just found hula girl winky vinyl - the kind that the girl dances if you move it back and forth...) and a school bus yellow TT bike which has several derogatory nicknames.

I once had a bike that was metallic baby blue with hot pink accents - I really hated the colors. It was the replacement for one that had been stolen. The year I originally purchased it, the colors were red with black accents, so the new one was a bit of a disappointment.
    Last edited by Eden; 10-30-2009 at 05:44 AM.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

I think you are going to find that personal preference is all over the board!

I love pink. I recently designed a pink and black bike on the Trek Project 1 website. AWESOME!

poll :-)

sounds like the best thing is to have a range then... to suit all tastes!

Ive added a poll now with some colour options..

7rider - thanks for your $0.02! the exchange rate isnt so good for us in the uk at the mo so that is quite valuable to me :-)

I like bright colors, two tone bikes are especially cool. I ride a bright orange bike with red trim. I've also seen orange with brown trim and bright red and black bikes that I like.

I had far too many blue bikes as a kid to want to have another.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Right now I ride a bike which is mostly baby blue, with some royal blue as well. I would have preferred it to be all royal blue. I love bright orange, red, green.. I could even go for a hot pink bike, but definitely not baby pink.

I really don't like pastels.