Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

To disable ads, please log-in.

So am I the only one here who doesn't care about the color if the price is right?

No, you're not alone. I really wanted an orange bike, but ended up with white because it was a deal (and the only frame by the maker I wanted in my size in the US). Once I saw it in person, I loved the white, but it wasn't my first choice.

@ Irulan,I agree! both my bikes colors were chosen for me by the bike maker (whatever he had left over that other people didn't want, thus the GREAT discount), what I really cared about was the group, components, etc, if you give me some great shimano dura ace, I don't care what the color is! First bike was UGLY orange, but it worked!

Me 2~~ is it categorizing females to even assume we care? It's okay if you do, of course!

wait!

Wait! Wait!

If the price is right for the Titus demo bike you bet i'm a getting it!!! I know it's pink but i'm sure I can repaint it

I normally try & stay away from pink stuff but in this case it might not be possible...

I have to say I was really glad my Gary Fisher fit me because the brown Trek Fuel WSD design from last year totally didn't make me giddy. It looked like my Pawpaw's Delta 88 from the early 80's, so of course the bike looked heavy and slow. Luckily my black Fisher with pink accents fit me and made me happy to look at. I guess I could have gotten used to the Pawpaw bike, at least it would have made me think of my dear Pawpaw who I miss. Besides I am too cheap (thrifty?) to waste money repainting a brand new bike because I don't like the color, my preference not that I blame someone who does.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

Here's another who will buy the best bike for the best price regardless of color. Having said that, my bianchi is a light bianchi green (I think it was girlified), but it has black accents so it looks fast, and my commuter is 'custard', read pale yellow, but sassed up with green accents. I guess both my bikes are in the pastel-y range, but they are both a little sassy with their accent colors. I am not sure how I would feel about a high end super sweet road bike in pastel pink - I mean, if you're giving one away, okay, but other than that...

I guess that, for me, color does come into the equation at least a little. I had a choice between a 2009 and 2010 Trek 7.6 FX -I like to think that I chose the more expensive 2010 model because I wanted to make sure it had the most current components for the 7.6. The 2009 is white, the 2010 a beautiful dark blue/green with some green stripes (it looks far better than it sounds). The color did play a small role in the choice, obviously it would show dirt much more easily.

That being said, I dislike pastels and pinks - it would have to be a very good deal on a very good bike to consider either pastels or pink.

If it was a good bike, free, but pink... I'd get it repainted.
    Beth

I won't buy a girly bike. I hate pink, teal, fuchia, peach, periwinkle, lavender and every other pastel.

It took me longer to find the right bikes, especially since I am small (ride a 44 or 49) and prefer WSD designs for the small shifters and other benifits.

Red, black, gray, navy, orange, white, maroon, green (even lime is OK if not all over the place) -- those are good!

Scroll work and details in a more feminine light are nice. But not in a baby doll color.

I would palp a pink bike only if given to me free of charge. Then I would promptly repaint it a nice verdant shade of green, brown leather bar tape, and brown leather saddle. *sigh* fantasy bike building in my head makes me sad sometimes. I have pondered having my Aurora re-painted green. *heavy sigh*
    "Things look different from the seat of a bike carrying a sleeping bag with a cold beer tucked inside." ~Jim Malusa
    2009 Trek 520-Brooks B-17 Special in Antique Brown
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker-Brooks B-17 Standard in Black
    1983 Fuji Espree Single Speed-Brooks B17 British Racing Green

I like the girly colored bikes for other women, but I would never ride a pink bike. One of my riding partners rides a pastel purple bike. It is very fitting for her and her personality. I personally have a matte black bike and I love it! My favorite thing about it is the matte part of it. I love the matte finish. I have outfitted my bike with pink/red marble bartape from TE and my husband bought me a pink camelback better bottle. I agree with a previous poster when she said she likes neutral colors and then spices it up with colored accessories. I'm thinking about changing my bar tape to yellow marble, but wondering if I might look like a taxi!!
    ~~Help me in the fight to cure diabetes, by either joining my team, "The Freedom Riders" at http://main.diabetes.org/goto/thefreedomriders, or by donating at http://main.diabetes.org/goto/jake for the Tour de Cure in Indianapolis, Indiana on June 12, 2010~~

I am resigned to the fact that i don't think I will really be able to pick my color. It will come down to which bike fits the best, not looks the best. I would love to buy a pink Orbea, but that is out of my set price range.

If I found a good bike that fits me at the right price, I'd buy it regardless of color. Something like hot pink...I'd get the bike repainted. I can't pull off that color.
    I do like having a choice of color, though. I wasn't sold on the gold version of my bike, that's for sure.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

I have an almost identical story to pyannyplayer's - so the guys I work with don't touch my stuff. It started as a joke and blossomed out of control.

So when I bought my Madone it was US Postal red/white/blue but I had it painted. Now I look for every possible pink accessory. A guy at Perfomance called it "uber-pink." From the frame to the bar tape/pedals/cables/tires/cages/seatbag/etcetc even down to the skewers and the chainring and stem bolts (thanks Running Mommy for the stem cover thingy). And all my clothing including vests and jackets and gloves and shoes and arm and leg warmers.

It gets noticed and I get remembered. I kinda like that. Nobody puts me down, but they always comment as they ride by. I don't like it when manufacturers make pink bikes because I want mine to be one of a kind.

I currently lust after these: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...=STRK:MEWAX:IT

But truly I was (and probably still am) the tomboy of all tomboys. Go figure.
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly