Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Aspide Glamour

Talking Aspide Glamour

To disable ads, please log-in.

I bought a Selle San Marco Aspide Glamour saddle last week from Kermit and it is great- thanks Kermit!!!! I really lucked out with the fit because I just took a chance and bought it without having tried it. I was riding with a Brooks Standard B 17 for the past three years and have loved it. It felt comfortable right from the start. But I was considering a different saddle because I am trying to make my bike lighter and the difference between the Brooks and the SSM is considerable. After receiving the SSM in the mail I waited to try it out because I was having a bike fit the next week and I wanted to leave my setup the way it was until the fit. At the fit it turned out that the Brooks is too big for me. My sit bones are narrower than I thought (and had measured). Being a small woman with narrow hips the Brooks was causing me to rock from side to side. I brought the SSM with me to the fit and we tried it out and voila, it was the right size and it felt good. I have been out commuting for a couple of days and also riding on the trainer inside and the saddle is great. No discomfort at all, and I'm pretty sensitive to different saddles. Also a plug for getting a good bike fit. I feel like I have a totally different bike. My pedaling power and efficiency have improved immediately. And with greater comfort on my bike I look forward to my winter training being even more productive.

Too cool! Glad you like it.