Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Smile Happy Anniversary, Pony

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, yesterday was our one year anniversary and I have to say, Pony is one of the few things in my life that has been there for a year I still like. So to celebrate I thought I'd be a sport and tag along on my clubs group ride. I took the beginner ride, hey, we're reminscing here, and because the int/adv ride is a trail I am deathly afraid of thanks to an ex.

I loaded up Pony and my aussie shepherd Hank the Cowdog and took off to Sisters. Yeah, I know dogs on a group ride but eh it was all fire road and he has exceptional manners. We were going to "lag back" and since I got there as the group was leaving it worked perfectly, for about 5 minutes. Hank and I caught them in nothing flat. It physically pained me to stay with the group, I just don't have a slow and easy button. So after Hank and I passed them, we caught the "fast group."

Needless to say we layed waste to them as well. I really wasn't trying to be a show off, but it kinda happened. Riding with really, really, really good male riders has sorta killed my confidence lately. That ride I went from having my rear handed to me, to hanging other people theirs. I took every big sorta flat rock as a launching pad, I railed up and through scree like I didn't have a care in the world, and pinned corners for all I was worth. Ahhhh yeah.

Hank and I were stopping to pour water into his collapsible doggy dish and to take a break. Hair cut or no, black aussie fur gets hot. The group would catch me, pass me, and I'd still catch up and pass them. We took a great snack break by the river, and on the way back the climbs were feeling a bit harder than they should have. Not brutal, but just, off. Lo and behold I had been hammering up rocky climbs like a monkey in my big ring. Doh! I almost finished the ride like that.

To cement our perfect day Hank and I stopped by the river and had a nice quiet moment. He laid down and cooled off, and I just soaked it all up. That bike has done so much for me, given me so much confidence in myself, and introduced me to so many awesome people. Even when I feel pudgy from my desk job I still love my body for all that I can do on my bike, and the muscle I know lies underneath. Pony has a sticker on her that says "Women's best friend" and I couldn't agree more.

love and cookies
    -HillBill

PS Pony got her first real battle scar today, as we were rallying over rocks, one flew up and banged her pretty blue paint. She is officially a kick butt mountain bike now.

Go Smurf Go !!!!!!!

{{{{{{{{{{{{smurf}}}}}}}}}}}}} may you and Pony have many more years together! and yes ma'am.......you officially Kicked Butt!!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"