Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Coordination thread for Northeast contribution of the TE "IT" Project

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just thought I'd start a thread for those of us in the Northeast to start discussing routes and movements for the project. Can everyone who is interested in the project from the Northeast chime in? The main thread for this is under the general topics forum, cycling related (?) not sure, but it starts with "Wouldn't it be cool if..."
    I can do five more miles.

I'm in. Let me know what I'm supposed to do, when "it" is decided. I can ride it around Newport.

I would love to do this,I am in Southeastern MA near UMASS Dartmouth, I often ride out into Tiverton and Little Compton RI

I don't ride much now that the weather has turned, I don't have cold weather gear and basically I am a wimp in the cold.
    Last edited by ridenread; 10-28-2009 at 01:05 PM.

I think our portion will probably start in the Spring when it gets warmer. But I think what I will do is start a list with everyone's location, so that we can then plot a route.

So so far we have: (copy and paste this list and add your name to the list)

Indigoiis South County, RI (routes 165 and 102 into CT, or route 1/1A into CT [South] Willing to do 65-100 miles. Can travel to pick up point.

RedRhodie Newport, RI

Ridenread Dartmouth, MA

You can add me in. I could meet someone just west of here and ride toward Boston, or someone could ride from central MA to me. Several others live around here; Deb W., Jolt, sjf (more to her name, but I actually know her), Mayanorange, Imperfectstorm...

Indigoiis South County, RI (routes 165 and 102 into CT, or route 1/1A into CT [South] Willing to do 65-100 miles. Can travel to pick up point.

RedRhodie Newport, RI

Ridenread Dartmouth, MA

Crankin Outside of Boston Can ride in to Boston, points West

I could be the connection between Dartmouth or Providence and the Concord area, Norwood is kind of in the middle. I'm good for 60-100 miles. I could also go into Boston if there was some one in town that wanted to be involved.
    Last edited by newfsmith; 10-29-2009 at 06:04 PM. Reason: add Boston

RedRhodie Newport, RI

Ridenread Dartmouth, MA

Crankin Outside of Boston Can ride in to Boston, points West

newfsmith: I could be the connection between Dartmouth or Providence and the Concord area, Norwood is kind of in the middle. I'm good for 60-100 miles. I could also go into Boston if there was some one in town that wanted to be involved.

I am seeing a Newport to Points North, to Dartmouth, Dartmouth West, Boston points West route starting here.

Northeastern CT ladies - we could ride portions of the Mass route heading West.

I probably would do 50-60 miles, depending on other things. I think that Newfsmith could probably ride here (Concord) and then I could meet up with some others.

I'm in NE PA

Cool. If we can get some New Yorkers on board, we can connect the corridor...
    Or maybe a jersey girl or two?

I'm in Albany, NY. Could do a max of 30 to 40 mile ride. So, that would put me north toward Bennington, VT or west toward CLifton Park/ Saratoga Springs, NY.
    You're invited to visit my blog: http://tris3kidsandlife.blogspot.com/

Lisa lives within riding distance of Albany...

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    I'm in Worcester...could probably do up to 30 miles.
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Well, once Newfsmith rides to Concord to me the choice is do I go east to meet someone closer to Boston, or do I go west and meet Jolt somewhere? It's either someone closer to Boston rides here and arrives at the same time as Newfsmith, or I ride a bit east (I won't ride in the city, but can get close enough) and the next person heads west to Jolt (that would be a longer ride for them). Once we get past where Jolt is in Worcester, we could have some of the CT people head west, inching toward NY. There are a couple of people in Western MA that might be able to ride to Bleeker St. in NY. I know there is someone on this list who lives in Blanford, but I can't remember who. It's about 25 miles from Gt. Barrington to where she lives.
    This is complicated.