Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

costume on a bike for Halloween -- suggestions?

To disable ads, please log-in.

yup yup... it's my favorite time of year!

I'm going on some Halloween rides this weekend. Anyone else? Last weekend there was a zombie bike ride I missed, would have been funny.

Pre-bike years, I made my own temporary costume (like out of paper), but now I have to take the practicality of riding into account.

Does anyone have any costume recommendations or pictures to share?

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I'm going to be a chef. I got special chef's pants (black and white checks), a chef's hat, and one of those high-button chef's shirts. I'll carry some wooden spoons with me. Something like that would be easy on a bike, although I'm not going to be on my bike.

Quote Originally Posted by tulip View Post
    I'm going to be a chef.
    Yum! Will you carry some delicious treats with you as well?

Mixing bowl filled with ... (individually wrapped) (egg-less) cookie dough, perhaps?

One thing I've noticed is that most all those "sexy" women's costumes in the stores are the perfect short-skirt length to wear bike shorts underneath.

But for inspiration, do a search for halloween-era cyclocross races or the singlespeed MTB championships:
    http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_cYuQDS6aN0...00/Marvin2.jpg
    http://blog.erdener.org/archives/ima...05-chicken.jpg
    http://www.racingacrosstexas.com/halloween%20pic.jpg
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/wanderi...7603361562649/
    http://bp3.blogger.com/_pnf2noX8Zmo/...b1f2451b7a.jpg

-- gnat! (I'm gunna rig the 6-foot salmon outfit to work on the bike this year)

You could do a twist on traditional and be the headless biker.

Logistics of being able to see to ride are non-trivial, but doable. (Either get/make a pumpkin mask, or make an apparatus that makes it seem your shoulders are over your head (and cut eye holes in whatever fabric you use) and put a pumpkin head in your bike basket or on your rack).

I've always thought one could do a coffin-like thing for a recumbent bike. I've never felt a great need to actually do such a thing, though.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

We did a tandem ride one Halloween, with costumes required! DH and I went as a bear and a moose. Another couple went as a two-headed cow (this was funny - she wanted one head, but he told her she needed to be able to see!), another couple dressed as two pirates, complete with parrot on the shoulder, and the other couple was good and evil. It was a blast!

I've also done a Pipi-Longstocking costume, and DH and I were ninja turtles one year as well.

But I LOVE gnat's costume!

SheFly
    "Well behaved women rarely make history." including me!
    http://twoadventures.blogspot.com

Quote Originally Posted by SheFly View Post

I've also done a Pipi-Longstocking costume

SheFly
    That's a really good idea. Just go as me.

I have a great Kermit the Frog costume. He was seen several times on a bike.

I'm doing something similar to gnat's photo this year, I got little miss muffet from the spirit store:

http://www.spirithalloween.com/produ...-teen-costume/

It's really cute with the petticoat. Under that I've got bike capris and I think I'll wear pink/black striped knee highs as well. The large teen size actually fits me (its $20 less then the adult sizes)... and what's cool about these is they are not the cheap spandexy things that leg ave. has, instead this one is made of real fabric. They have a bunch of different versions.

The only thing I dont trust is the cheap zipper on the back so I'm getting some ribbon with grommets in it and sewing that in its place to make it a lace-up back.

this is a perfect length for wearing bike tights/shorts underneath, and it looks just too freakin cute! It's sexy but still mostly covered up. the petticoat is what makes it though, I tell you what!!!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by IvonaDestroi View Post
    The only thing I dont trust is the cheap zipper on the back so I'm getting some ribbon with grommets in it and sewing that in its place to make it a lace-up back.

this is a perfect length for wearing bike tights/shorts underneath, and it looks just too freakin cute! It's sexy but still mostly covered up. the petticoat is what makes it though, I tell you what!!!
    Ivona with your trained fashion design wizardy, you could make and sell all sorts of costumes.

To make your costume less cutesy, you could always attach some beer steins to your handlebars..or attach a tray across your handlebars or bike rack that has a row of beer steins. Be the cycling beer-totin' fraulein!
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Ivona with your trained fashion design wizardy, you could make and sell all sorts of costumes.

To make your costume less cutesy, you could always attach some beer steins to your handlebars..or attach a tray across your handlebars or bike rack that has a row of beer steins. Be the cycling beer-totin' fraulein!
    I'm sure that would make me very popular, lol!

I'm going to race in a rainy, muddy CX race dressed as Lady Gaga.
    Because not every fast cyclist is a toothpick...

Brick House Blog

Andrea... that deserves photos... before AND after!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Andrea, every time I see your avatar, it makes me smile! I love corgis and I love Lady Gaga!