Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 14 1234511 ... LastLast

Wouldn't it be SOOOO cool if . . .

To disable ads, please log-in.

I was just looking at the map of TE members and thinking . . . wouldn't it be SOOO cool if we could start a huge relay. We could have something that we pass from person to person. Like one person would get on their bike with the thing and ride to the nearest TE member's town and meet them there and then they would ride to the next town and we could see how far we could get the thing. If somebody on the route was planning a trip overseas they could bring it with them and give it to somebody on another continent or whatever . . .

Or - a long touring ride, picking up a member and riding together until we got to the next member . . . . something fun like that.

Thats an incredibly cool idea! I love the idea of picking up people as it goes along...
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

this...is... AWESOME

I'm in... Santa Monica here.

btw, where's the TE map?

Lol!

that would be great... I'd love to see how far it got and through how many people... oakland whats up!

Awesome idea!
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

I'm in! We've got the middle of the country (or at least my part of it.)

I love projects like this. You just feel so connected!
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

I'd do that. I'm in RI, and RedRhodie is too. We could start at the sparklin' Atlantic and bring with us a stone from the Atlantic to pass along - kinda like ballast from the old days.

Wouldn't it be fun if everyone sent a stone along? But then the poor Western riders would be loaded down to the gills. LOL.

We could also have several different trails going at once... a Southern crossing, a Northern crossing... a NS crossing, a Euro crossing and an Asia crossing?
    I can do five more miles.

That would be really cool! But what us folks within a few hundred miles of the coasts tend to forget is that there's a WHOLE lotta nuthin' in between... No disrespect to anyone who lives there, but you know what I mean. It could be 300 miles or more between TE'rs once you get into the plains or the desert.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I think that it would well worth the try. Even intrastate would be a cool idea! I am smack dab in the middle of Florida I would love to meet some other Fl Cyclists. Maybe evening some GA cyclists!
    ~ Annie ~

Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~James E. Starrs
    My fitness blog

Yeah, it might be a bit of a trek for me. Durn, a biking vacation! I'll just have to buck up and do my duty, won't I?
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

That's one of those ideas that is so cool and so simple you wonder why it hasn't been thought of before!! I'm so in. Let's get it going. How do we start?
    laurie

Brand New Orbea Diva | Pink | Specialized Ruby
    2005 Trek Madone Road | Pink | Ruby
    1998 Trek 5200 Road | Blue | Specialized Jett
    ???? Litespeed Catalyst Road | Silver | Terry Firefly

hee-hee. We could have a bike light relay, sorta like the Olympic torch only blinking

I mean you could, while us out here in the boondocks watch. I guess Duck could conceivably be handed the relay thingie on one of her trips to the US, but I'm not expecting her to bike the 540 km way down here to me with it.
    Last edited by lph; 10-27-2009 at 10:49 AM.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

I think this is a neat idea too. It would be great to meet some of the desert TEers. Most come through here or around here and I never know it until after or if someone posts.

Red Rock

Count me in - I'm in eastern Connecticut.

Sounds like a lot of planning but it would be really cool if we could pull it off!

Lynette

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post
    a Southern crossing, a Northern crossing... a NS crossing, a Euro crossing and an Asia crossing?
    Do we have anyone in Asia besides deeaimond? Might be a long ride for her!

Let's not leave the Aussies out either? Is it do-able there?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler