Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 8 of 14 FirstFirst ... 456789101112 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by wnyrider View Post
    I'll volunteer too for later when the warmer weather hits here again. Perhaps a link up with the New Englanders can be arranged. Being in Niagara County New York I could get it over the border to Canada, or bring it over to the US side. Could take some pics with the Falls as a backdrop!
    I'm sure "it" would like to visit some Canadian soil- I would be delighted to meet someone at the border...and hope we don't have any cranky border guards......

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

it

Breaking news...insert dot dot dash dash sound..

The IT(plus a little bike) has left the store & is now at a crazycanuck's home. I'll to introduce " Maidei" & her way cool bike tomorrow with some pics.

For now though i'll tell you a bit more. Maidei was handmade in Zimbabwe by mothers with disabled children (www.batsirania.co.zw) & her bike from Madagascar. I (maidei) have a twin sister, Monica but she's in Zimbabwe with a child whose family member has HIV/AIDS.

I look forward to my world travels (the lady at the Oxfam shop loved the idea ).

HIP HIP HOORAY!
    Can't wait to see MAIDEI!

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Do we have anyone in Asia besides deeaimond? Might be a long ride for her!

Let's not leave the Aussies out either? Is it do-able there?
    Oakleaf! thanks for remembering me!! I just saw this thread.

Will the Aussies/NZealanders send it my way?? I'm going to New York on the 26th of Nov.... I can bring IT in my luggage.

When I get IT, I can take it on a round island bike tour and show it the sights, and take a picture of IT with... something Singaporean... I haven't decided yet.

Edit: i just realised its now called Maidei and not IT... apologies for that Maidei

How does that sound? I can't believe i'm the only one in Asia.. there must be other people lurking...

I just saw this thread and think it's a fantastic idea! I'm in SE Virginia (for now) and would be willing to help this along a Southern route across the U.S.
    Andrea

1988 Bridgestone mixte
    2002 Trek 2200
    2011 Surly Long Haul Trucker

Yay CC, way to get the ball rolling!

Now... before we start micro-mapping routes across various US states, shouldn't we decide what continent she's going to next?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Either Maidei gets journey-schleppping time in Aussie-Kiwi region before deediamond steals her away. OR deediamond waits until she returns from NYC after Christmas to get Maidei.

Deediamond, any chance you will make a stopover for several hrs. anywhere in the U.S. or another country before NYC or on way home to Singapore to drop off Maidei? Or maybe that's not a feasible idea.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-31-2009 at 07:19 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

Quote Originally Posted by shootingstar View Post
    Either Maidei gets journey-schleppping time in Aussie-Kiwi region before deediamond steals her away. OR deediamond waits until she returns from NYC after Christmas to get Maidei.

Deediamond, any chance you will make a stopover for several hrs. anywhere in the U.S. or another country before NYC or on way home to Singapore to drop off Maidei? Or maybe that's not a feasible idea.
    I can always just post it on when i get back. My stopover is in Dubai... anyone there?

But u're right, I doubt that Maidei will make it so quick.. well, no hurry, Since its winter in the US now... and will be for a few more months

D

What does Maidei look like?? I can't get the link to work.

I'm tentatively in, depending on when, etc. Won't be for many months in my neck of the woods (listening to the cold wind howling). I suspect I may be the closest one to StaceySue (SS - I live near Calumet). It's possible there may be closer people, but I don't know of any. If Stacey is where I think she is, then it's about 175 miles. I'd need to have time to build up some mileage base next season, figure out camping, find a suitable timeframe, etc. So I'm a definite maybe. I want to, but it could be logistically difficult.

This is a truly cool idea.

OTOH, there are plenty of parts of the US where winter is the peak riding season.

Maybe if she were to make a counterclockwise circuit of North America? SoCal, AZ, NM, TX, the Gulf states, then northward along the East Coast, then westward along the Great Lakes, through the plains, to the PNW?

And what about the South American ladies? You in?

Don't forget us Mountain West people. I am aware of Las Vegas, Flagstaff, Salt Lake City that have TEers too. Perhaps they can chime in too. Perhaps doing the US circle as you described then working inland through the Mountain West, Midwest, Southeast and back to one of the coasts.

Just an idea.

Red Rock

Should someone start a blog where everyone can post their pictures & narrative with Maidei & her way cool bike? Might be easier to track whereabouts than following a longish thread.

I am in Idaho and would love to participate. Just now saw the thread!!

Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Yay CC, way to get the ball rolling!

Now... before we start micro-mapping routes across various US states, shouldn't we decide what continent she's going to next?
    YAY, CC!! I knew you would do IT. I was biting my nails (a habit I'd finally kicked so that was bad) thinking "it's simple, pick an object, any object, arrange a meet point with a TE'er, pass the thing around!"

Finally, there's an IT and she has a name. I don't think we can decide where Maidie-IT#1 goes. That's the beauty of IT. Who knows what direction follows?

Bon voyage, Maidie. I look forward to following your journey.

Thank you CC for starting Maidie IT#1 on her journey.

Thank you staceysue for the wonderful idea.
    Last edited by Trek420; 10-31-2009 at 09:52 AM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I don't think we can decide where Maidie-IT#1 goes. That's the beauty of IT. Who knows what direction follows?
    Would be okay if she were traveling under her own power - but if she's relying on our wheels, we have to know when and where to meet her... and to pass her on to the next "conductor..."

Keeping in mind safety (unfortunately), we can plan here for "who's next," but the actual exchanges should probably be arranged by PM.

This is fun.
    Last edited by OakLeaf; 10-31-2009 at 09:53 AM.