Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

"Aye". From Northern Virginia.

We could do a laminated 'thing'. Maybe several laminated 'things'.

I spend a lot of time out on the Delaware Bay. As part of a small community effort and to get people interested in our little website, I created Flat Harry. Flat Harry is a laminated flat horseshoe crab akin to Flat Stanley. Flat Harry & his 'twins' accompany community members or their friends on their trips. At the moment he is in Bermuda, France, and somewhere else. People send me their pictures and I post them.

Maybe whatever is passed along can be passed via two TE bikers meeting on while the road or when on TE member travels to another TE member city for work/vacation travel.

Quote Originally Posted by hoffsquared View Post
    I spend a lot of time out on the Delaware Bay. As part of a small community effort and to get people interested in our little website, I created Flat Harry. Flat Harry is a laminated flat horseshoe crab akin to Flat Stanley. Flat Harry & his 'twins' accompany community members or their friends on their trips. At the moment he is in Bermuda, France, and somewhere else. People send me their pictures and I post them.

Maybe whatever is passed along can be passed via two TE bikers meeting on while the road or when on TE member travels to another TE member city for work/vacation travel.
    Hoff, I'm in Delaware, and I think we've got at least a couple other Delawareans as well. I'm in if a DE handoff is needed!

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    Hoff, I'm in Delaware, and I think we've got at least a couple other Delawareans as well. I'm in if a DE handoff is needed!
    Great! We are out in the Lewes, Milton, Milford, Rehoboth area alot!

Quote Originally Posted by MomOnBike View Post
    Lincoln, Nebraska here. Right in the middle of the U.S. It seems to me that those of us with long interesting rides could meet in an agreed-upon place somewhere between locations.
    I'm really getting excited about this. I DO hope we can work out the nitty-gritty details.
    A group of us are talking about a trip to South Dakota to ride the Mickelson Trail next year. Would that be close enough? That way "it" could come to eastern Washington. Now who wants to volunteer to ride across the Cascades to get "it"?

thought

I'd be willing to purchase a woven doll thing from the Oxfam shop (cool looking thing too!) take a pic of it by the Indian Ocean & send it off out east.

?

OK, I'll play too. Lower Slower Delaware here.

Martha

Quote Originally Posted by hoffsquared View Post
    "Aye". From Northern Virginia.

We could do a laminated 'thing'. Maybe several laminated 'things'.

Shouldn't IT be Flat Harriet?
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    I'd be willing to purchase a woven doll thing from the Oxfam shop (cool looking thing too!) take a pic of it by the Indian Ocean & send it off out east.

?
    I love that idea!

So, if you're up for one more opinion . . . I really love the idea of there being just one "IT" (maybe a backup for emergencies). I know I tend to think big, and of possibilities, leaving the reality and logistics to other people, but it would be so amazing for this thing to make it all around the globe. Of course, at certain times, we would have to rely on mail--but that's OK.

We could set a time-frame, of perhaps a year--see where it takes us. It might make an interesting public interest story. I certainly think so!

I am in....
    I am in North Texas (DFW) but would happily travel to a route...

Quote Originally Posted by kenyonchris View Post
    .... but would happily travel to a route...
    Me too!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerHen View Post
    A group of us are talking about a trip to South Dakota to ride the Mickelson Trail next year. Would that be close enough? That way "it" could come to eastern Washington. Now who wants to volunteer to ride across the Cascades to get "it"?
    Depending on the time of year "it" makes it to Spokane (or Seattle for that matter) I would potentially be on the dry side. Walla Walla in April, Wenatchee in May, Oregon in June. I may be able to transport it in either direction (though it would not all be on bike...)
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    So let's get 'it' rolling ..in. Like Nike says: Just do it.

It wouldn't be a terrible thing if 'it' was a menagerie/collection of relay 'objects'. We could always track the journey(s) of it(s).

I won't be going out of town to any non-snow area for next few months.

Or maybe if we knew who would be able to pick up after Hawaii after a New Zealand TE member moves to Hawaii. Or at least it gets mailed to California, Seattle, Portland or Vancouver, where the probability of members cycling within their cities during winter is greater than Northeastern U.S./Eastern Canada.

Who will start first light the TE Olymic relay journey?
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

On my last ride I found a small rubber duck holding a compass wearing a little safari hat. He was sitting by a storm drain. I just had to stop and pick him up. Something small like that might be good. I have part of SD covered.

Deb

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    Prehaps CC can start 'it' off on it's tiki tour round Ozzie then through to Pip in Christchurch for a tour round there then up to Wellington for a tour then onto Auckland (possilbe if timing works out then it could be exchange at Lake Taupo cycle race ??) ............if it's before i move out to Honolulu then maybe I could post 'it' on to someone in States to start it's American tour ???

Seems great way to conect us all and get piccies
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by MillieNZ View Post
    Prehaps CC can start 'it' off on it's tiki tour round Ozzie then through to Pip in Christchurch for a tour round there then up to Wellington for a tour then onto Auckland (possilbe if timing works out then it could be exchange at Lake Taupo cycle race ??) ............if it's before i move out to Honolulu then maybe I could post 'it' on to someone in States to start it's American tour ???

Seems great way to conect us all and get piccies
    Once you get to Honolulu, get it to ilima, who lives in Honolulu. So when are you scheduled to move to Hawaii?

I actually did personally meet a TE member in Jan. 2009 who lives on Maui, when I was vacationing there but haven't seen her here for awhile.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-28-2009 at 08:35 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.