Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rock View Post
    I am south of you all-greenbeanvw and just1morebike- in Utah's southern most warm tourist town. Perhaps this way we will be able to meet.

Red Rock
    I want to bike in Southern Utah so badly. I like this idea.

Too Cool

Aye. I'm in, central MS.
    "Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" (Robert F. Kennedy)

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I move that we establish a "thing" to be moved around and carried from TE rider to rider such as:

the official TE lobster bib or ...
    the official TE sock puppet or ...
    the official TE banana keeper

and someone gets one and starts it off.

All those in favor say "aye"
    "Aye", but we need several simultaneous, waterproof "things". Otherwise 'thing' gets stuck somewhere on east coast of North America, meanwhile someone wants to cycle between Australia and New Zealand shortly thereafter.

Gotta thing of something virtual that will map route and gives dates of end and start dates with TE name at start to meet up with 2nd TE in destination.

I know boring.........but we can't have 1 portable 'thing'..it'll take the next century to make its trip around the world!
    Anything better on the 'relay' baton or this GPS route mapping? ANd we must set up a thread dedicated to this journey(s).
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

This sounds like such a cool idea. I like the idea of something tangible that gets passed along the journey but can't fathom how to make it really work. I'm sure there is a creative genius somewhere here who will figure out how to make it happen.

I really like the tangible 'thing' too! I bunch of mini-tours, then hopping (via mail) to another portion, like the TDF team buses do And the best part would be take a pic with said thing on your bike with you and the next rider! I know there are programs that will put them all together like a giant poster. Surely, flickr or something like that has it! We could all upload our pics to a site like that.

I LOVE this idea. I'm in, in any case!

Aye!

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?

Count me in

I'm in Auckland new zealand now, but moving to hawaii about February next year............ so if the Southern Hemisphere girls started it I could techincally take 'it' from NZ to Hawaii across the ditch ?!?!?!

Maybe when each new TE get 'it' they post a piccie of themselves & 'it'
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Aye. Southern tip of Illinois here (way down by Kentucky, Missouri and Indiana between the Ohio and Mississippi Rivers). I haven't heard from anyone even close to me....guess I've got a long ride

Kansas City here. Would love to be involved if it works out.

I'm in from Northern VA (outside of Washington, DC).

This sounds almost like what I did with a jersey each year on the AIDS rides. As soon as I'd register (which is right after the short term memory loss kicks in and I'd forget how hard it is) I'd pick a jersey, a plain one and send it to my first sponsor with a note and postage paid envelope for them to send it to sponsor #2.

The jersey kept passing from hand to hand, each sponsor adding their creativity. I never got to see it till right before the ride when I'd ask the last person to mail it back.

The results each year were unique with moving and funny art. Remind me to frame them some day.

The official TE sock puppet, muffin tin or bottle brush aka "it" doesn't even have to relate to cycling at all. "It" can be just an object we take on a ride.

Probably for privacy it'd be best if whoever starts this picks a public event, group ride or event they are doing, does the ride and hands it off to another TE'er.

We could have Northern and Southern hemisphere muffin tin's too.

This is like geocaching I think with real people and without the hiding the bottle brush aspect and without the GPS and .... ok it's nothing like geocaching.

Any opposed?

Quote Originally Posted by MillieNZ View Post
    Maybe when each new TE get 'it' they post a piccie of themselves & 'it'
    great idea!
    Last edited by Trek420; 10-27-2009 at 07:34 PM.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Lincoln, Nebraska here. Right in the middle of the U.S. It seems to me that those of us with long interesting rides could meet in an agreed-upon place somewhere between locations.

Of course, if two or more TE'ers are really close, they could ride together for a while to pass IT off to the next one(s).

The passing of the object/thing/baton/torch should, of course, be photographed for posterity - or something.

I'm really getting excited about this. I DO hope we can work out the nitty-gritty details.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

IT could be anything, we don't even have to know what IT is. If someone decided to do a ride with IT and pass IT to another TE'er there ya' go, that's IT.

And IT might change over time, get moldy for example if IT is a block of cheese.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    Folder ~ Brompton
    N+1 ~ My seat on the Rover recumbent tandem
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    IT could be anything, we don't even have to know what IT is. If someone decided to do a ride with IT and pass IT to another TE'er there ya' go, that's IT.

And IT might change over time, get moldy for example if IT is a block of cheese.
    If the group would like to pick something from Archie McPhees I'd be honored to go buy it (within reason - keep it to something around $20 or less) and begin the passing around train!

(www.mcphee.com)

how about a pair of these http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/Handerpants.html#a
    or something like this could be fun http://www.mcphee.com/shop/products/...Bottle.html#at (everyone who gets it could put a note inside - there's a bacon one too if bananas don't thrill you)
    They of course do the standard rubber chicken and are the home of the Devil Ducky too.
    A punching nun puppet is only $9.50
    Last edited by Eden; 10-27-2009 at 08:46 PM.
    "Sharing the road means getting along, not getting ahead" - 1994 Washington State Driver's Guide

visit my flickr stream http://flic.kr/ps/MMu5N

bing

AHA! I have an idear says the crazy one..

Sine MillieNZ is departing the southern hemisphere for the northern one soon how about we try the following???
    Warning..very long sentence as this is how i'm pondering the ideea....

I can pick someting up from down this way(can't forget madame trekhawak just down the road) & zip it over to the other ozzie chicks & then to Christchurch where the kiwi chicks will send it on up to MNZ before zooming up to the northern hemisphere...Then you kids all sign it then send it back to me where I take a pic & send it back up north..

I'm out of breath now as that took up a whole one speaking really quickly.

Is my crazycanuck thought too off?