Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 391011121314 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    I thought that having two jerseys would be cute. All women need to have at least a few in their collection.

Staceysue-Ms Maidei is awaiting her next jaunt to Trekhawk's house..Tis a wee bit hot n muggy to do dirt time today so she'll possibly meet T-hawk tomorrow.
    Yippee yippee!

Don't forget pics!

Quote Originally Posted by Duck on Wheels View Post
    Hmmm. Yeah. 540 is a bit much for me. The worst bit is the first 100 or so up the mountain, with hardly even a recovery roller to catch your breath on. Don't think I could do that, although I might be able to do Gudbrandsdalen from Hjerkinn down as a week's holiday. Also I do have a Bike Friday. I could assemble it out at Gardermoen airport and meet you in Lillestrøm for a mini-relay. If we get it timed right, we could relay back to the airport again and I could deliver it from there to the UK-E to start up a little "TE Tour de Britain"
    Yay! Since we have to rely on the mail to get Maidei here and back anyway, it actually can be done quite efficiently.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Hey, just had a thought! Wonder if Maidei would make it to the USA midwest by summer. Bet she would love to do RAGBRAI. Any other TErs thinking about making the ride? Something could be coordinated there.

Hmmm. RAGBRAI? I might be talked into that. Maidei would fit right in.
    Give big space to the festive dog that make sport in the roadway. Avoid entanglement with your wheel spoke.
    (Sign in Japan)

1978 Raleigh Gran Prix
    2003 EZ Sport AX

Someone from the west coast or Idaho who might be coming out to Little Red Riding Hood in June might bring her along to get her started on her own Tour of Utah...It would be a great place for a TE and Maidei ride along!

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
    Ok, here's what I hoped could happen in terms of getting it from Oz to NZ to the Northern Hemisphere.

I'll pass it to Trekhawk & then i'll post it on to (if she's happy to & is out there still!) Postiechic in Melbourne from there it'll venture to Canberra to Cyclegoddess and Jaydee (if i can track her down..) on to Sydney then up to Brissie then to Cairns. This is if people agree to it!

Our Cairns contingent would then send it to NZ..Dunedin (will have to track the person down) to Christchurch to Wellington, Napier(if i can contact Roadraven), Auckland.

From Auckland next stop, Singapore.

Do ya think from Singapore it could be sent to Chile?

Communication is the key here & have no idea who knows who...
    Thought I'll post under this thread of general questions, instead pf other real journey thread that is devoted to with Maidei's trip photos so far in Aussieland:

After cyclegoddess, how many more Australian TE cyclists will accompany Maidei? After NZ, it's Hawaii where someone is moving there? Admittedly I find this loopy journey fascinating.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 11-10-2009 at 07:57 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

ausssieee

It goes a like this yo:

Perth-Canberra-Brisbane-Cairns(?)-Auckland-Napier(?)-Wellington-Christchurch-Dunedin then i dunno...

You'll have to ask MillieNZ about the journey after Dunedin...it's up to the NZ chickas to decide.

Auckland...Honolulu... now San Diego.... where next ?!?
    OK, I'll co-ordinate the kiwi's and then I assume she is going she going east to the USA.

I probably not moving to Oahu until early next year so depending on when she arrives for her Kiwi tour and ready to depart I might need to someone in southern california ???
    People do not decide to become extraordinary. They decide to accomplish extraordinary things - Sir Edmund Hillary

Is she going to visit Deeaimond before going to the USA?
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

I just read this thread for the first time, and if you need another in MD, I'm here! Am also willing to travel; I'm thinking I need to ride the GAP from Pittsburgh to Cumberland; after Cumberland, I think it'd be an easy thing to get Maidai to, say, Washington DC via the C&O Canal Towpath, as I know there are a bunch of TEers (or some, anyway) who ride the towpath.

Or to/from York/Baltimore. That's another ride on my list to do.

I don't think this will be necessary, but since my son is in school in western MA, I could also provide a link between that area and the DC area if needed.

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by OakLeaf View Post
    Is she going to visit Deeaimond before going to the USA?
    TE kiwicyclists would have to embark on whirlwind, fast cycling relay with Maidei, because deeiamond is flying out to New York City within 2 wks from today. She mentioned this in another forum thread topic.

So either MillieNZ contact the California-southern US TE group as next part of trip OR Maidei goes to TE members in South America:

tribogta- in Columbia (Bogota)
    ChiliPepper- in Chile (Maybe Maidei will see a local winery. ChiliPepper has some sort connection to this local industry there.)
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

If she went to South America she could bicycle her way all the way up to Canada!

What happened to this idea? Is it still a plan? If so, count me in....puget sound area of Washington state.
    We do not take a trip; a trip takes us - John Steinbeck

Quote Originally Posted by Dog View Post
    What happened to this idea? Is it still a plan? If so, count me in....puget sound area of Washington state.
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showt...=35039&page=27

She's in RI this week. I'm not sure where she'll go next, but I plan on showing her a good time in Newport.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

Take Photos on the way

It would be cool to take photos where the TE members meet and post them as it goes so we can all keep up with and feel part of the crossing!