Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I lost the thread where we were suggesting names for the ride. Did we find a name yet?

I was thinking "Team Estrogen's 'Round the World Relay" might be good . . . .

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by staceysue View Post
    I lost the thread where we were suggesting names for the ride. Did we find a name yet?

The discussion thread on name and current use of name (#2 link below) are here:
    http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=35001

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=35039

Nice to embed both TE and Maidei in name, Maidei makes it more personal outside of TE. We aren't doing it for TE, but for something beyond TE/company identity, we're making it part of something personal and more global. But just my thoughts.

Name should have 'bike', 'world/global/international' at least.
    N.B. Love that Maidei will have her own jersey!
    Last edited by shootingstar; 11-02-2009 at 05:48 AM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

I think that's a good idea. Of course if anyone ends up blogging this you'd need to ask Susan/Jeff if it's ok to use their name. This is like Team Amici Veloci of old, this was not called a TE team but took on a life of its own although started/rooted here.
    Fancy Schmancy Custom Road bike ~ Mondonico Futura Legero
    Found on side of the road bike ~ Motobecane Mixte
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    Favorite bike ~ Soma Buena Vista mixte
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton
    https://www.instagram.com/pugsley_adventuredog/

Quote Originally Posted by Trek420 View Post
    I think that's a good idea. Of course if anyone ends up blogging this you'd need to ask Susan/Jeff if it's ok to use their name. This is like Team Amici Veloci of old, this was not called a TE team but took on a life of its own although started/rooted here.
    What ever happened to Team Amici Veloci?

What ever happened to Team Amici Veloci?
    It's still here I have a jersey and a vest and arm skins. We never got socks made Ask Sadiekate, Jobob, Adventuregirl, original members. Maybe it'll start up again. Maybe there will be socks
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton

Wasn't aware of this Team Amici history. Maybe our latest Maidei bike tour endeavour will be more long lasting..

and it may well be, with enough of us wanting to do a ride segment globally.

Note: For finding this thread quickly, perhaps move this thread under "Adventure" section and have it "pinned" near top. So that we find it near Maidei/TE's world trip thread....which will have website link to geocache site later. After cyclegoddess in Australia attaches GPS tag (from Knotted) for tracking Maidei's mileage, etc.

***If moving this topic thread s a lousy idea, please propose something else more practical within next 24 hrs. ****
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know whatís in a personís heart.

Wouldn't it be cool ----CT rides....

Quote Originally Posted by indigoiis View Post
    p.s. I started a thread in the Northeast section to help gather those of us in the Northeast. Add your name, location, miles willing to ride, best routes you can utilize, and whether or not you are willing to travel (drive) to get to a riding point.
    Our group has just begun to offer monthly rides at varying locations throughout the state. By capitalizing on those routes, much of CT would be mapped from CT/RI border all the way up to Western MA ( around Longmeadow)...see locations on attached....
    Attached Files Attached Files
    "Competition is often won or lost on the 6 inch playing field between the ears."

Would this work?

This is a mini She Loves Hills Jersey, designed by Urlea. The vendor sent it to us. Measures 4.5 inches across (9 inches around torso) and 6 inches top to bottom.

Susan
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_7859.jpg 
Views:	247 
Size:	47.9 KB 
ID:	10350  
    Susan Otcenas
    TeamEstrogen.com
    See our newest cycling jerseys
    1-877-310-4592

Now THAT is cute

I do hope Maidei makes it over to Norway one day (no rush, I'll be patient) wearing her jersey. I'll try to get a matching one for myself.

For those who might think that this will take a long time - I don't think that matters. Nothing's going to happen once she's "through", the fun is in her travelling. I can even see this going on in an almost endless loop.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Quote Originally Posted by Susan Otcenas View Post
    This is a mini She Loves Hills Jersey, designed by Urlea. The vendor sent it to us. Measures 4.5 inches across (9 inches around torso) and 6 inches top to bottom.

Susan
    That's so awesome!

Susan
    Awwwwww
    Gravel bike ~ Salsa Vaya
    N+1 bike ~ Brompton

It was meant to be!

Quote Originally Posted by NbyNW View Post
    It was meant to be!
    Ditto!

That is just cool as beans!!!
    "If we know where we want to go, then even a stony road is bearable." ~~ Horst Koehler

The jersey's perfect! I could never make anything that cool!

Quote Originally Posted by lph View Post
    Now THAT is cute

I do hope Maidei makes it over to Norway one day (no rush, I'll be patient) wearing her jersey. I'll try to get a matching one for myself.

For those who might think that this will take a long time - I don't think that matters. Nothing's going to happen once she's "through", the fun is in her travelling. I can even see this going on in an almost endless loop.
    Yes, the near endless journey. Should be a pretty exciting visual map of her winding/traversing journey and cumulative mileage with strange twists and turns along the way.