Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Autumn Leaves

Autumn Leaves

To disable ads, please log-in.

Every day they are more beautiful. They brighten up the cloudy days and seem to outshine the sun on sunny days.

My roadwork-orange vest doesn't really stand out so much.

And I'm still loving the padded butt bike shorts!!! I am officially a convert. I have 2 pairs right now and will be buying more, as funds permit.

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Here, too. The leaves really are fabulous. My mother lives in Asheville and said they were spectacular up on the Blue Ridge Parkway yesterday.

Today I commuted on the bike path. It was covered in leaves so thick I could hardly see where the edges were. It was really beautiful and quiet, except for the crunching leaves under my tires. We're past peak already.

Love the colours.

Hate how slippery they are when wet.

There is a bit of road on my commute where it seems like nobody has picked up their leaves at all.

But I like the colours above all. Now if the wind would stop blowin' them all away.

Hey Mel! Long time no see!

I have a beautiful maple outside my office window. I'm taking a picture a day until the leaves are done - showing the transition from Green to Red to Yellow to gone. I'll post the sequence when I'm done.

I LOVE maple trees (as long as I'm not raking the leaves!)
    If you don't grow where you're planted, you'll never BLOOM - Will Rogers

i love the sound of the leaves crunching under my tires.. and the smell of fall..

Has the maple tree finished yet? Our trees are mostly done here.

My daughter & I are planning what trees we'll plant at our next home: fast growing red & silver maples, and slow growing oak or elm.

I wish our leaves turned colors...we dont have much of a fall season over here in California. Its the same every season, we'll be lucky if we get rain, haha.

I totally agree with you HandleBars! Sometimes I actually want some weather here in California!

Just remember.. wet leaves are like ice under your tires! (I've learned this the hard way)