Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

To disable ads, please log-in.

I'm trying to find an overview that lists all the dates and run/walk/ride options for each city, so I encourage friends to participate in whatever way works best for them. But it looks like you have to start to register in each city in order to get to the details.

I think I'll email them.

Yeah, this set up isn't as user friendly and you do have to start the process before you see it all. I was shocked to see both a 5K walk and a 10K run. Some of my team will be happy with that, since 5K was never quite enough for them.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!

packet pickup in Philadelphia

I emailed them to ask how they plan to accommodate out-of-towners for the bike ride if the packet pickup closes at 2 pm on Saturday. This is what I got back. Frankly, it is not a sufficient answer. I already get up at 4 am to do this ride; I'm not getting up earlier just so I can stand in a long line waiting for my number. And then you have to pin it on your jersey while you're wearing it, which is a pain. And then you get stuck in the crowds trying to get back to your car because you have to drop off all the other crap that they give you. And then you get stuck in the crowds again working your way back to the start. Stupid plan. Inefficient waste of time.

I want to have everything in advance so I can get everything ready the night before. Getting it in the morning just makes it more likely that something will go wrong. And I guarantee this will mean the ride starts even later than it has in previous years, because there will still be people on line waiting for their numbers after the official ride start time has come and gone.

===========================================
    Thanks for your note and for your continued support of the LIVESTRONG Challenge Philly. I hope you’re doing well today.

And thank you for taking the time to express your concerns below as they are valid and we understand that many of our riders come from out of town and make significant sacrifices to participate in our event. We sincerely appreciate your enthusiasm and effort. To help accommodate for the needs of participants like yourself, we will have a designated area at the Montgomery County Community College set up on Sunday morning from 6 a.m. to 7 a.m. where you will also be able to claim your packet. Please arrive as early as possible. In addition, you can have someone come collect your packet for you so long as you understand that once we give your packet to that person we are no longer responsible for the contents therein. Were something to be lost, particularly the bib number, there is a chance that we may not be able to reassign you a bib number or replace the lost item.

I hope that helps to answer your questions, but if you have others feel free to get in touch with me at anytime. Thanks again for your support and dedication over the years. I look forward to seeing you in Philly.

Best,
    Dylan

Dylan Trakas
    Cancer Kicker, Team LIVESTRONG
    Lance Armstrong Foundation
    p 512.279.8366

f 512.347.1582
    http://www.livestrong.org

Sent: Wednesday, March 10, 2010 5:15 PM
    To: Dylan Trakas
    Subject: Question about the schedule

Hello,

I am registered for the 70-mile bike ride in Philadelphia. This will be my fifth year participating in the event.

However I am concerned about the schedule changes being made this year. I live in Virginia and will be driving up to the Philadelphia area on Saturday, August 21. Based on the schedule you currently have posted, the Livestrong Village will close at 2 pm on Saturday, and there's no way I would make it there for packet pickup before it closes.

What are the out-of-town riders supposed to do? As it is, I have to take a day off from work on Monday in order to drive back home after the event. I can't afford to take off Friday as well and pay for an additional night in a hotel just to pick up my rider number and other information on Saturday before 2 pm.

That does really suck. My offer still stands - I will be there in plenty of time to pick up the packets for my team. And part of my team is doing the walk/run on Saturday. So if you needed, I could get your packet and you could pick it up from me either at the hotel I stay at, or in the morning at my team's "encampment" which is not hard to find because we have banners and two canopies. Keep in mind come August.
    You too can help me fight cancer, and get a lovely cookbook for your very own! My team's cookbook is for sale Click here to order. Proceeds go to our team's fundraising for the Philly Livestrong Challenge!