Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yup, I used to sleep very restlessly due to being thirsty or hungry, especially when upping training levels. Strange thing is I wouldn't realize why until I had been fully awake for quite a while, which made it pretty impossible to get back to sleep. I have a good habit now of drinking well with or after dinner, and at least one cup of herbal tea, peppermint atm, and snacking on a banana or something unless I'm really full, half an hour before bedtime. I may wake up to pee, but I'm half asleep and can get back to sleep afterwards.
    Winter riding is much less about badassery and much more about bundle-uppery. - malkin

1995 Kona Cinder Cone commuterFrankenbike/Selle Italia SLR Lady Gel Flow
    2008 white Nakamura Summit Custom mtb/Terry Falcon X
    2000 Schwinn Fastback Comp road bike/Specialized Jett

Hydration may be part of the answer.

After a couple of days of making sure that I drink more water, especially just before going to sleep, I can say that I've had 2 nights of reasonable sleep. I've still woken a few times but have been able to go back to sleep very quickly. It was the weekend though. The litmus test will be if improved sleep continues during my working week.