Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by bikerz
    Slinke - Thanks for the info - I'm not set on the gel - my criteria are cutout and width at the back... I'd really like to get this sorted - $80 here, $70 there, and pretty soon you're talking real money!
    Stayed tuned for news of the grand openng of BikerZ's Used Saddle Emporium!
    Im sure if all us girls at TE pooled our owie saddles and had a sale we would be rich. Most of us seem to have tried a few.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

The cut-out on the Aero is larger than the cut-out on the Atola. But there is no difference in the cut-outs between the Aero gel-around & the regular --just keep in mind that gel, due to its squishy nature, will bulge out, so it may give the appearance of sloping. The gel version is definitely a more forgiving seat, you will feel that you settle into it. The regular Aero is quite firm, you don't settle into it, you perch on it. I would choose between the 2 based on firm seat vs. cushioned. If you feel the Atola was too hard on your sit-bones, you might want to try the gel-around Aero. If the firmness of the Atola was ok, then go with the regular.

I started with the gel-around on my trainer & rode through the winter that way. I was comfortable enough in the spring to put one on my road bike & was able to do metric centuries on it. Later, when I felt I needed a firmer seat, I made the switch to the regular. I just had to work my way up to it.

PS -- bicyclebuys.com had the gel version for $45!

PPS--the nose on the gel-around is very nicely padded, too, extra bonus points for comfort when riding in the drops.

Thank you, Thank you Squirrel!

I think with that info, I'll give the gel version a try (the atola did feel hard...)

And $45 is a steal - I almost bought one today for $90!

Ok - so I ordered the aero gelaround today from Speedgoat ($77) - it should arrive in a couple of weeks (no one seems to keep these saddles in stock )

My fingers are crossed - thanks for all the advice!

Quote Originally Posted by bikerz
    Ok - so I ordered the aero gelaround today from Speedgoat ($77) - it should arrive in a couple of weeks (no one seems to keep these saddles in stock )
    My fingers are crossed - thanks for all the advice!
    Hey bikerz - once it arrives and you give it a whirl let us know how it works out. It was between the Aero and the Atola when I picked and I would love to know how you rate the Aero after using the Atola.

Thanks Trek
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V