Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ok Guys really need your help now. I have been trying to track down a Selle San Marco Aero saddle as I mentioned in the previous post and now a store I emailed regarding the saddle tell me there is no womens Aero saddle!!!!!!

Do they still exist or have they been discontinued?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

try typing the saddle in Yahoo or Google or whichever search engine you use. I just did and came up with 8 pages of hits. and good luck!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

Corsairmac - I tried a few searches google included but all the hits are for the mens Aero apart from two. One was out of stock so I think this means they do exist and the other was in Australia.

I know a few of the girls have them as they were recommended on this thread. If you do have one could you let me know where you got it from.

Thanks (getting a bit sick of saddles and havent even gotten my bottom on a new one yet).

I'm sorry Trek - I ride on Specialized saddles, I've never tried the San Marco although I hear it highly recommended. I typed in Selle San Marco Womens when I tried the search earlier but I didn't actually go any farther. I'm sorry I'm not much more help than that!
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, champagne in one hand, strawberries in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming: "Yeah Baby! What a Ride!"

CorsairMac - No worries I appreciate the time you took to do the search.

I think if it all gets a bit too hard I might just try the Atola which is a womens specific and I know that it is available online.

I will give it a few more days and see if any of the women that posted on this thread before and have the Aero know where I can track one down.

Thanks again and I hope you are having a fun sort of day.

Try contacting the manufacturer. They can tell you if the saddle exists, perhaps sell you the saddle directly (Specialized has an online store) or give you a list of dealers - both online and locally - that might stock the saddle you are looking for.

Thumbs up Emailed the company

[QUOTE Audio-A]Try contacting the manufacturer. They can tell you if the saddle exists, perhaps sell you the saddle directly (Specialized has an online store) or give you a list of dealers - both online and locally - that might stock the saddle you are looking for.

Thanks Audio I took your advice and emailed Selle San Marco. So hopefully they will reply and I will be the font of all knowledge on what Saddles exist.

Have a great one.

Trekhawk

Angry Saddle Discontinued

Just wanted to let you know I got some info back about the Selle San Marco Aero Womens saddle and unfortunately it has been discontinued.

This clears things up as to why some shops listed it but didnt have it in stock and why others didnt even seem to know of its existence.

Thanks again Ladies.

Hi Trek
    I just got my Aero in the mail the other day. It's a mens. I did a quick 20 miles on it yesterday and was quite happy. It is long front to back, and narrowish in the front, but wider than the usual racing style men's saddles in the back. Honestly it looks more like a women's saddle than men's. The cutout is in just the right place for me - amazing since no other saddle has fit correctly like that. It is firm but has a tiny bit of squish to it. It's looking like a keeper! Need to see how it lasts over a long ride...

Oops, almost forgot - I bought it as repartocorse.com for $55.

[QUOTE abarensfeld7]Hi Trek
    I just got my Aero in the mail the other day. It's a mens.

Thanks abarensfeld7 - I will take a look.

the Aero is billed out as "unisex" -- apparently there was a women's version, but I never had any interest in chasing it down as it was wider & shorter than the men's.

links: www.aerosaddle.com; www.bicyclebuys.com (for the gel-around). also, www.speedgoat.com.

FYI...I just got a Selle San Marco Atola Gelaround recently and am very pleased with it! I changed from a Terry Butterfly, which was comfortable, but too wide in back so often gave me "diaper rash" rawness and bumps in back. I really like this saddle. It is especially comfy up front and in the cutout. My sitbones took a week to get used to it as it is firmer than the Butterfly, but they are happy now. The Atola is discussed more in this thread as well:

http://forums.teamestrogen.com/showthread.php?t=3762

I bought mine mail order from Colorado Cyclist. They do not take returns of saddles if you don't like them, though. I figured I'd sell it on eBay if it didn't work out, but fortunately, it did!

Emily
    Emily

2011 Jamis Dakar XC "Toto" - Selle Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    2007 Trek Pilot 5.0 WSD "Gloria" - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow
    2004 Bike Friday Petite Pocket Crusoe - Selle Italia Diva Gel Flow

Squirrel 2 - I hope you're out there!

Quote Originally Posted by Squirrel 2
    The Aero has what I feel is the best cut-out for women available in today's market. It is a diamond-shape, wider in the middle where most of the private parts need some extra room, then tapers where you don't need so much. It is firm around the cut-out, no squishing-down, & no hard edges or seams around it to cut you. There is also a slight anatomical dip around the cut-out, so there seems to be a natural place you end up sitting. Very well thought-out design.
    Hi Squirrel - you seem to be our resident expert on the San Marco Aero saddles - I've been riding the Atola, and while I love the cutout, it feels too narrow in the back for me, and is pretty uncomfortable after a couple of hours. At first I thought my sits bones just needed to get used to it, but I think it's too narrow. I'd like to try the Aero, since it is just a bit wider. I love the cutout so much I am reluctant to give up on the brand!

I can't really tell form the product pictures, but is there a difference in the dimensions or slope of the cutout between the regular and gelaround aero saddles? It looks like maybe the gelaround cut out slopes more gradually, which makes it look narrower - it's really hard to tell on the marketing shots... (Or if squirrel is not around, does anyone else have first hand knowledge of the difference between these two saddles?)

This is the non-gelaround:

And this is the gelaround:

Help My "ouchy saddle" collection is growing, with no relief in sight!

I have no specific info for you, BikerZ, but let me say that my Terry Butterfly Tri Gel had gel everywhere it didn't help me much. To me, the bigger the cut out, the better. The gel just seemed to get in the way on my Terry, imho.

Slinke - Thanks for the info - I'm not set on the gel - my criteria are cutout and width at the back... I'd really like to get this sorted - $80 here, $70 there, and pretty soon you're talking real money!

Stayed tuned for news of the grand openng of BikerZ's Used Saddle Emporium!