Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Snow Already?!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Yeah I just read they're forecasting "a few flakes" north and west of DC.

Worse, I read 2 long-range forecasts that said this winter will be colder than average in the mid-Atlantic.

I just bought down-filled gloves from LL Bean. Part of my quest for my personal holy grail, a pair of gloves that actually keep my hands warm during low-level activities like walking around outside or driving the car. I would have bought the down mittens but they didn't have my size (I was at their store, not buying online). I will probably try to get the mittens, too, just for fun.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    Bah, what's a few flurries in October?
    Time to pull on the merino stuff and feel cozy.
    I agree (as I'm sitting here dressed head to toe in wool)!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

It was snowing furiously at my house this morning. I am at 1200' elevation and it makes difference here in MA. I work in Lowell and most points east of Fitchburg are between 100-300' msl. By the time I got to Fitchburg it was rain and when I got to rt 495 and in Lowell there hadn't been any precipitation, or it was very light. The ground is still warm so it didn't accumulate much and was gone by the time I got home this evening of course. But seeing it snow so hard this morning was a little disconcerting. I was just getting used to the summer we never had.

Jolt is offline Dodging the potholes...
    It was snow in Worcester...melted as soon as it hit the ground, but it was definitely snowing!
    2011 Surly LHT
    1995 Trek 830

Snow already?

WE received a couple of inches last week, and in fact, one of the local ski resorts has opened for the year. This week however, the temps are supposed to hit 50 (YIPEE) so we'll see how everything turns out. It definitely has been a cold fall.

It has been fun to be back on the mtn bike though... a great way to see the colors and duck away from the wind. Every year when I change from my road bike to my mtn bike, it is an absolute blast! I'm just as excited now as I was in the spring to be riding Of course once snow is here, then we'll put on the chains or studded tires and ride. And when the weather isn't right for that, we'll xc ski or snowshoe the AT..FUN FUN!!

Oh I love snow!
    Post some pics of your snow if you get a chance.
    The most effective way to do it, is to do it.
    Amelia Earhart

2005 Trek 5000 road/Avocet 02 40W
    2006 Colnago C50 road/SSM Atola
    2005 SC Juliana SL mtb/WTB Laser V

Yup, we had snow here too. I've never been on cross-country skis in October before!

Snow Sunday and expected high of 70 tomorrow. This is why I love New England

Snowing all day here. Wet, heavy, mixed with rain but all snow at the moment.

Now it's supposed to be temps in the mid 70s today! I am so confused.
    Almost a Bike Blog:
    http://kf.rainydaycommunications.net/

Never give up. Never surrender.

Rode in short sleeves and shorts this afternoon. I had the luck of the carpet cleaners coming to my internship site and my supervisor sent us home at 2:30, to avoid the toxic fumes.
    It's only going to be 50 tomorrow, but that's fine with me. Another rainy Saturday, though.
    Yes, this is why I love New England.