Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Red.

A unicycle! Had one as a kid, I think I'd like to try one again.

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    And the wind whispers "Jamis Aurora, Jamis Aurora"
    Aurora Elite is on the list for sure. But there are enough parts I'm pretty sure I'd need to swap out for fit reasons - and I really don't want to go any wider than 700x28 - that I just don't know.

It's long term anyway and a lot closer to fantasy than shopping. If I happened across a shop that had a 47 cm or 50 cm Aurora in stock I'd definitely take a test spin - but that's no place near me.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Since I am selling my LHT which is my trusted commuter and general 'around towner', I am looking at this: http://www.feltbicycles.com/USA/2010.../CURBSIDE.aspx until I can save up for a Luna Note: I live in a flat town and wouldn't ride it as a fixie, but as a single speed...

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    An inexpensive cruiser with an internal hub and basket for quick trips to the store, etc. I can't bring myself to lock up my nice commuter outside, and stripping all of the lights, panniers, etc. when I do leave it somewhere gets tedious.
    Ditto. Maybe something as simple as an Electra Townie, I wouldn't be crushed if a $300 bike got dinged...but I'd cry if it happened to my Trek 7.5FX.

Zen, I thought that whisper was for me!
    It just so happens that the shop that sells Jamis' (where I bought my Coda) is the only one that I have ever liked and felt positive about.
    On the other hand, Seven is headquartered right near here...

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Crankin View Post
    On the other hand, Seven is headquartered right near here...
    If that Money Tree out back would ever start bearing fruit, I've got a Seven commuter/utility bike in mind, ready to go.

7, will you send me a cutting from your money tree? I have been trying to find one of those for years... of course, if it isn't bearing fruit yet...

Something red or with red on it. I like red.

A sparkly red custom built mixte with stainless steel lugs, set up for touring and commuting. Two sets of handlebars (drop with brifters and albatross with bar end shifters) with quick disconnects for the cables. S&S couplers. Sweet wheels.

Fast.

Lighter, more aggressive & dressed in Sram (probably).
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

...a long time coming.

I need to pay for a new heat pump and lots of home improvements first.

I have a taste of a princess but a budget of a pauper. meh

I've always dreamed of a Colnago with Record.
    for now I'm satisfied with my K2 Mod6. It does the job...

Bikes I long for... Colnago (did I say that already?), Litespeed Ultimate or Saber (neither in production any more), Ridley Excalibur was it??? Orbea, BH (also from Spain), Merlin, Look, and just to be decadent maybe a Prince... Also interested in Griffen Kompressor Triton (anyone here ride Griffen??)

K2 Mod6 frame <$500.00 can't beat that. though my groupo cost a lot more and so did the wheels...

far as a type of bike.
    MTB-- I don't trust myself with it so nada.
    Beach cruiser-- I'm like... like, so not with it...
    single speed-- not a poser trying to look like a hip fixie rider on a freewheel
    fixie-- I don't care to go round and round on a oval track on a wooden surface. my dogs can do that.
    Fred bike-- I'm a bit of a slave to bike fashion. a bit of bike snob if you will.
    recumbant-- I like to see far ahead. Vantage point is just too close to ground. Besides, I'm already height challenged and short. Don't need to make it worse. If there were cool looking periscope glasses... oh never mind.
    unicycle-- too uncordinated.

I like a road bike. a one trick pony.

Quote Originally Posted by divingbiker View Post
    A sparkly red custom built mixte with stainless steel lugs, set up for touring and commuting. Two sets of handlebars (drop with brifters and albatross with bar end shifters) with quick disconnects for the cables. S&S couplers. Sweet wheels.
    Shouldn't that be ready soon?
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager