Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

My next bike is going to be...

To disable ads, please log-in.

a Bike Friday or Dahon.
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager

between 3 different brands of touring bike: Marinoni Turisimo, Soma Saga or Surly LHT

My next bike is going to be a 2006 Giant Anthem -- she gets to come home when I'm finished paying for her. Then I'm supposed to be done with getting bikes... (*whistles while ignoring the 3 mixtes in various states of disassembly around the house...* Anything I pick up for less than $100 doesn't count, right?) I'd love to get a Bike Friday as well, though. But I might end up putting couplers in one of my bikes instead.

Quote Originally Posted by Yelsel View Post
    But I might end up putting couplers in one of my bikes instead.
    Bilenky's got a sale on coupler retrofits this fall. Never put off until tomorrow what you can save $100 on now!

A purple Luna Eclipse

Quote Originally Posted by Zen View Post
    a Bike Friday or Dahon.
    Hi Zen, I've got both, actually two BFs (a New World Tourist and a Pocket Rocket) and a Jetstream Dahon. The Dahon has the quickest and most compact fold but I wouldn't ride it more than 15 miles (that's my model, though). Dahon has higher end bikes that are very nice, however. The Bike Fridays are custom built (should you opt for that) and can mirror your road bike in reach and height, etc. Whenever I fold my BFs the chain comes off, so I need to always carry a rag with me. You can get a chain stay added to the bike to keep it on during the fold, though. Mt. Airy Bikes has a great selection. Got my BF NWT from Bikes at Vienna.

A midweight tourer - more as a grocery getter, but would like the option for an occasional short solo tour. Haven't really done any serious shopping for one yet, but would like to find a handbuilt frame that fits without shelling out for full custom. From what I've seen of complete bikes, I'll have to build one up just to get drop bars and brifters.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

An inexpensive cruiser with an internal hub and basket for quick trips to the store, etc. I can't bring myself to lock up my nice commuter outside, and stripping all of the lights, panniers, etc. when I do leave it somewhere gets tedious.

OR

A singlespeed/fixed gear for quick trips to the store. I have a frame that I could build up....I just need to devote some time to it.

A custom touring bike, lugged steel with exquisitely painted lugs, a Brooks saddle and bars that are in just the right place.

Karen
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    insidious ungovernable cardboard

Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    An inexpensive cruiser with an internal hub and basket for quick trips to the store, etc. I can't bring myself to lock up my nice commuter outside, and stripping all of the lights, panniers, etc. when I do leave it somewhere gets tedious.

OR

A singlespeed/fixed gear for quick trips to the store. I have a frame that I could build up....I just need to devote some time to it.
    I've been thinking the same thing...a nice sturdy bike for errands and commuting and have been lurking around garage sales to see if I could snag someone's old steel frame beat up 10spd to make over.
    But in an ideal world (one without the spectre of bike theft, etc...) and if money were no object my next bike would be one of these

I'd name it "Murph"
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

Surly Long Haul Trucker

But one day when I have to replace my Look 595...the brands that interest me are Look, Time, Merckx, Pinarello. BMC, Ridley, and Wilier are nice too though. Maybe not on the same level...but I sorta like Kestrel too.

So...I guess I really don't know! lol

Quote Originally Posted by Medianox View Post
    But in an ideal world (one without the spectre of bike theft, etc...) and if money were no object my next bike would be one of these

I'd name it "Murph"
    *drools*

Quote Originally Posted by Medianox View Post
    and if money were no object my next bike would be one of these

I'd name it "Murph"
    Yeah, if money were no object, including paying a boy to wash and wax it once a week. Lugs on the stem = cute and only a couple extra minutes with the toothbrush. Logos stamped inside the fork: "hmmm, let's see how much more difficult we can make it to clean an area that's already an enormous PITA to clean."
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Either a touring bike with drop bars and brifters (I don't like change) or a Bike Friday that has the above. I don't care about lugs, color, decals,, etc. etc. I just want a bike that will fit me and I am comfortable doing short tours on.

I imagine that I will be getting a new road bike in 3-4 years. A bit more relaxed geometry. It doesn't have to be custom. In fact, it will probably cost less than the bike I have now.

And the wind whispers "Jamis Aurora, Jamis Aurora"
    2008 Trek FX 7.2/Terry Cite X
    2009 Jamis Aurora/Brooks B-68
    2010 Trek FX 7.6 WSD/stock bontrager