Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

To disable ads, please log-in.

shootingstar, one of your comments reminded me of a friend of mine who took a cycling trip to Denmark - she came back saying - I could have gotten that landscape in Vermont! It is true, there are places that just look the same.

-We may join friends in Normandy, France next summer (son's best friend, we get along with the parents very well.)
    -Dh's best friend is a professor in Calgary, and has a place near Banff - never been, love to go.
    -have a friend/colleague in Vancouver - want to go all over again - never been in the summer. She is thinking of renting her place during the Olympics - she wants to get out of Dodge! Hmmmmm....
    Get on your bikes and ride!
    'Bicycle Race' -Queen

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by e.e.cummings View Post
    shootingstar, one of your comments reminded me of a friend of mine who took a cycling trip to Denmark - she came back saying - I could have gotten that landscape in Vermont! It is true, there are places that just look the same.

-We may join friends in Normandy, France next summer (son's best friend, we get along with the parents very well.)
    -Dh's best friend is a professor in Calgary, and has a place near Banff - never been, love to go.
    -have a friend/colleague in Vancouver - want to go all over again - never been in the summer. She is thinking of renting her place during the Olympics - she wants to get out of Dodge! Hmmmmm....
    Well, Denmark sounds different enough culturally. My partner has been to Copenhagen twice..with latter trip examining their cycling infrastructure for several days and meeting local cycling advocates. Alot of history there and very different since the city so bike-oriented. So please...I meant sometimes the landscape looks the same....without the local people.

I'm telling friends: unless you're actually attending Olympic event, don't bother visiting us during the Olympics. It's going to be mayhem here in Vancouver. 250,000 extra people (than normal) daily in downtown core. This includes the media, athletes, visitors, security..

I live very close to one of the Olympic venues downtown plus less than 1 kms. radius from 3 major public park /event areas that will be active from 11 am - 11pm minimum during the whole 2 wks. These meet areas will have music, crowds, etc. Groan. The city wants to reduce cars into downtown by....35% in total during the Olympics.

Several other TE Vancouver members live not far also from the ..uh..crowded action. Unless they are taking off outside of Vancouver.
    Last edited by shootingstar; 10-14-2009 at 06:53 PM.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.