Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by GLC1968 View Post
    SarahMN - if you are 135 center to center, I'd go for the 140. I'm 138 or so, and ride the 140 on all of my road bikes.
    Interesting...I'm 130 and am on the 150. I've wondered if 1 size narrower would work, too...
    Kirsten
    run/bike log
    zoomylicious

'11 Cannondale SuperSix 4 Rival
    '12 Salsa Mukluk 3
    '14 Seven Mudhoney S Ti/disc/Di2

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Interesting...I'm 130 and am on the 150. I've wondered if 1 size narrower would work, too...
    I never tried wider in this saddle. In general, I'm always shooting for the narrowest saddle I can make work to avoid chaffing the upper thighs (which happened when I tried the Terry Butterfly and is the reason I switched to narrower men's saddles before Specialized and Bontrager started making women's saddles in widths).
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Quote Originally Posted by ny biker View Post
    If it helps, with the Affinity and Evoke, the RXL and RL have ti rails, while the R has steel rails.

Originally I think there were at least 2 different versions of the Inform, in terms of the amount of padding. So there might have been a difference in rails, too.
    Interesting. The men's version of the Inform RXL has Ti rails, but the inconsistency in the RL is still there. The $99 price tag on the 2009 would put it in line with the current lower-end Jett with cro-mo rails...but my Jett, which is the much older one (with the gray "sit spots"--I got it in clearance at the LBS), has a carbon (or carbon-reinforced, can't tell) shell and Ti rails...and was also $99.99 originally. Maybe the Inform is just the odd one out.
    The 2009 picture appears to say "Hollow SS" on the rail. So that's settled. Nothing on the 2010.
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Quote Originally Posted by zoom-zoom View Post
    Interesting! I'm somewhere in the 125-130 range (I got one number, LBS got the other). I'm using a 143 Jett. I'm not sure I want to go too much narrower, but will I really notice 1.5mm on each side?
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

Thanks!

Hi know this is an old thread, but thanks to you ladies, I was fed up with saddle pains and I managed to find this saddle a couple of weeks ago; the 2009 version (one with the blue swirls). I have struggled with saddles since I started cycling. I went out yesterday for the first time and several times I realized I had forgotten I was on a saddle, which is a first for me. I barely had any soft tissue pressure, however I did notice I had some sort of saddle edging discomfort, as if the edge of the saddle chaffed against my legs. Not sure what it was, maybe it was just a first spin kind of discomfort. But to my amazement I did not have any sit bone pain and today I don't feel them at all.

My last saddle was a prologo scratch pro dea, which was the best I had found so far but if for some reason I was off the bike for over a week I would feel my sit bones again and lately the pain was constant and I felt bruised days after, so I kept on cycling with bruised sit bones, over and over again. I came across this old thread and I managed to find for $15 one of these saddles. I have high hopes for it, as if it didn't hurt the first spin I doubt it will get any worse. If this doesn't work I'm off to try the ISM saddle for my road bike. This is the 4th saddle, I just hope I don't have to move onto a 5th!

For me it seems to be that I have wide sit bones, you wouldn't think of it if you took one look at me as I have narrow hips, and I'm not really that overweight (maybe 5/7kg).

I just hope that this post helps others and fingers crossed this saddle turns out to be THE one, so far so good.