Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Bad local ski shop!

To disable ads, please log-in.

Man! I make the conscious effort to buy locally. I know this costs me more money, but I finally make enough money to vote with my wallet, and that means making big purchases locally. So, I shop at this local ski shop. I bought some sweet skate skis last season, and paid for them last season. Somehow, on the form, they did not mark that I paid in full last season, so, instead of calling me to clear up the situation, they just charged my credit card again. I then had to jump through a bunch of hoops to prove that I did pay for them last season and get him to refund my card. He absolutely refused to apologize! He made some lame excuse and offered me a free ski tune for my trouble. He assured me he would refund my credit card. He charged my card AGAIN! Oh man! I am SO mad! I finally had my SO call him (he's an attorney), and let me tell you, his tune has changed! He is all apologies now. It makes me mad that me handling this situation pleasantly did not result in an apology (nor a refund for that matter), but when my big bad boyfriend called and scared him, he's all apologies and "how can I make this better". Good grief! This is no way to do business. It's a good thing we have another ski shop in town... Bah! Thanks for letting me vent!

frustrating! I have been in a situation like this before! Definitely take your business somewhere else! (And, milk him for what he'll give you to "make it right" as he is now SOOO interested in doing!)

Really? I figured I would just not have anything to do with his store again (rather than trying to get more out of him). What is unfortunate is that this is the store that everyone loves! Man, what a bummer! While everyone in town loves this store, they do all readily admit they are a bunch of flakes. Maybe the other ski shop will step up. I sort of feel sorry for him. He was really shaken up when he apologized to me. I guess receiving a call from an attorney can be a scary thing (sort of) evil grin...

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Quote Originally Posted by ginny View Post
    Really? I figured I would just not have anything to do with his store again (rather than trying to get more out of him). What is unfortunate is that this is the store that everyone loves! Man, what a bummer! While everyone in town loves this store, they do all readily admit they are a bunch of flakes. Maybe the other ski shop will step up. I sort of feel sorry for him. He was really shaken up when he apologized to me. I guess receiving a call from an attorney can be a scary thing (sort of) evil grin...
    I might be inclined to give him one more chance, but I'd keep careful records and I probably wouldn't use a credit card there--cash or check only. Only one more chance, though.

In the end, it doesn't matter that everyone else loves the shop. You got screwed and if not for your attention, perseverance, and attorney boyfriend, your credit card would have been charged multiple times without you authorizing it, and you would not have known. You are savvy enough to have noticed and done something about it. Many people don't pay attention. I certainly hope they haven't pulled one like that on other customers...

Upon further reflection, I'd take my business elsewhere.

thanks, Tulip. I think you have a good head on your shoulders. You always give good advice... so ... to the other ski shop I go. Fortunately, my favorite bike shop would never pull this business (or if they did by mistake, they would make it right and apologize before I had to resort to the big guns )