Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Surly Girly LHT

Surly Girly LHT

To disable ads, please log-in.

This is Surly Girly in her new get up for commuting when the Ortho doc lets me ride. I thought it would be sooner instead I will be able to ride in a month or so...So new tires with the paper from the shop still stuck in the spokes lol and Albatross bars with cork grips and twine and mountain bike brake levers and a Ritchey ajustable stem so when things get better with the shoulder replacement. I did ride for 1/4 of a block and the tires will be good for absorbing bumps. I will look at her for now.....
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lht 001.jpg 
Views:	523 
Size:	77.1 KB 
ID:	10198   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lht 005.jpg 
Views:	546 
Size:	84.1 KB 
ID:	10200  

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Saweeet!
    I love the look of your Surly Girly!! The handlebar setup is really great looking!
    I know you're excited to ride her- and I can't wait for you to get back out there and take her for some spins.
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

From one LHT rider to another, WOW! Love the look of your ride. And those tires, please tell me more! I don't think I would be able to just look and not ride. bikerHen

Geax

The tires are Geax Tattoes and according to the shop a pretty fun tire. I liked the white and needed plenty of cushion and these are very wide maybe two inches plus.

Quote Originally Posted by twin View Post
    The tires are Geax Tattoes and according to the shop a pretty fun tire. I liked the white and needed plenty of cushion and these are very wide maybe two inches plus.
    Hey, like the LHT says, "fatties fit fine"! I'm definitely looking into thoses.

Oh, be still my heart! Gorgeous!!
    "If Americans want to live the American Dream, they should go to Denmark." - Richard Wilkinson

That is one great looking bike! I love the tires, bar and grips... I have a khs urban x that I'm "renovating" and want to swap out the bar with a sparrow or milan bar and also change the saddle. After several nights of reading lots of posts here on brooks saddles, I think I am sufficiently brain-washed and planning to get one for this bike. I ride a Terry Zero x on my other two bikes and they just aren't working for me anymore (they aren't wide enough I've concluded... I'm embarrassed to say how long that aha moment took). I am leaning towards getting the B68, what kind of brooks is that on surly girly?
    "It is never too late to be what you might have been."

http://www.loveofbikes.com

Finesse

The Finesse is a great saddle I have them on both bikes. I am sure you will like the Brooks you get!

a better picture

i noticed the first picture is flipped so I am giving it another try.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	lht 002.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	81.9 KB 
ID:	10203  

Beautiful! That bike looks like it would be incredibly fun to ride!!
    My new non-farm blog: Finding Freedom

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    I figured you took that first picture while hanging off the ceiling fan. Nice bike.

So cool!

I love the LHT's...you see them set up so many different ways. What an awesome bike...
    2007 Trek 5000
    2009 Jamis Coda
    1972 Schwinn Suburban

"I rejoice every time I see a woman ride by on a bike. It gives her a feeling of self-reliance and independence the moment she takes her seat; and away she goes, the picture of untrammelled womanhood."
    Susan B. Anthony, 1896

Woo hooo!
    That's a fine bike!

Thanks

Thanks for the nice comments and when I get to ride I will let you know how the changes feel.

Finally

I am riding my short commute and some other short rides. It is nice to have the chill of the cool breezes on my face and to be out while the leaves are spectacular. I am a very lucky person to be able to commute by bike.