Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

luv my 07 Ruby Pro...looking forward to your first ride report.

I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do mine.

Ride Safe
    ~JoAnn
    2012 Specialized Amira S-Works
    2012 Vita Elite
    2011 Specialized Dolce Elite (raffle prize) - Riva Road 155
    Ralaigh Tara Mtn Bike

This crowd could turn ugly if we don't see pictures soon...
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    and it's Thursday- we need a ride report: STAT!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

lol... yea, posting you have a new bike on the forum is like throwing a steak into a pack of wild hungry dogs... everyone wants a piece of the action. The news of a new ride never gets old. We get a tiny piece of new bici vicariously that way...

I checked Craigslist, but of course nothing that sweet was available for me...

loooove my ruby...you'll have fun with it!
    (probably too busy riding to take a pic!!!)

DH ordered a special new chain which is coming from the opposite side of the continent and may or may not be here on Saturday. Believe me, I can hardly wait myself. She's just a frame on a stand at the moment, sitting all alone in the kitchen. It's a big open room, half-kitchen/half-dining room, all vinyl flooring, and the dining room portion acts as my office and desk space for DD to do her homework, with a nice 5x5 bit of floorspace for the bike stand and make-do mechanics shop that DH has for all of our bikes. He's got tools all over the table - we eat in the living room. I have to push bike gear out of the way on the counter to wash dishes and prepare meals.

It's kind of a mess, really, but all of his friends are jealous that his wife lets him have a bike shop in the kitchen.

My friends are all jealous that I've got a husband who likes to keep my bike in tiptop shape.

I'm a little frustrated, though, that he insists on ordering parts from freakin' Katmandu - okay, New York - when I could get a perfectly good chain from the B&L down the street from where I work.

Oy.

Roxy
    Getting in touch with my inner try-athlete.

Can't wait to hear how the maiden ride goes! What a score of a deal! ENJOY!
    Everyone Deserves a Lifetime

Talking

I'm jealous! What a fantastic find! I can't wait to see the pictures.

Finally!

I finally got to ride my new bike this morning. DH and I took her to the lake for her inaugural run. Here she is, new chain fresh from New York, new handlebar tape, newly cleaned gears and frame. He also swapped out the stem and replaced the beat-up handlebar caps with shiny new ones. We still need to get new tires. Ride report follows.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike 003.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	86.4 KB 
ID:	10216   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	bike 007.jpg 
Views:	186 
Size:	45.3 KB 
ID:	10217  

Now for the ride report. According to the Garmin 305 I inherited from DH (he got a 705), I rode the 7-mile lap (it was 8 on my Polar) in 30 minutes 53 seconds, about 5 minutes faster than I did it on my fastest lap on the mtb. I would have been under 30, but I had to dodge a toddler running wild on the path, and then a whole family strewn across the pathway right where I was making my big finish. Young kids stopped and squatting on the road while their parents adjusted bike seats or something. I couldn't tell.

At least I got some practice in emergency braking.

The bike felt great. It was so light! I was able to sprint and reached 19mph, average speed was 13.9 - a full 2mph faster than my mtb. I actually paced behind Blue Asian Guy for a few minutes. He's this guy, Asian, who always wears blue kit, and rides a blue bike, so DH and I have named him Blue Asian Guy.

I know I'll get faster - this was my first ride and I'm just learning the bike. She's awesome. I need to think of a good name for her.

Thanks, all, for the love, support, and encouragement.

DH wants me to share these numbers for those interested:

I went from a 100mm to 90mm with an 8 degree rise, and the chain is a SRAM PC-1090 !0 speed chain. He asked if you all were into numbers. I told him there are people here who'd know what he was talking about. I'm still learning and this stuff is still over my head, but my fitting rides got progressively better as he made changes, so it worked.

I did have trouble with my hands, though. Numbness and pain in my wrists. There will be some saddle adjustments, I think. He moved it down about a degree and forward a centameter and it helped. We're still working on the fit.

My shoulder held up well, too, but if I'd gone longer, it might have been painful afterward. I need to be careful of that injured tendon.

Peace, all!

Roxy

Roxy... The bici looks awesome. Glad your DH got her built up for you to check her out.

Talking

The bike looks amazing, and so do you! I love the big grin! Congrats to you and DH for all the hard work and patience, making the bike into something which will bring you joy and health. I wish you many happy (and safe) miles on her.

Deb

You look so happy on your new bike. Congratulations and enjoy the journey!

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Beautiful bike and beautiful rider!
    Congrats on your new ride!!!! You look so happy!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike