Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Smile Orlando Cyclists?

To disable ads, please log-in.

I am a newbie when it comes to cycling and I am looking for a group of ladies (or men that want leave me behind) to ride with. I know that th summer months are hard to keep a group together but does anyway have any input. Right now I am riding on the Cady Way/Seminole Cross Trails and occasionally the Seminole/Wekiva Trail. I like riding the trails but I am looking to get more into a group of riders and hitting the road.

Any suggestions for a newbie?

Here ya go.

I've never ridden with them, it's a bit out of the way for me, but I'm told they're a good group. There is a woman from Winter Park who's ridden with our group a couple of times, and I could get her contact information if that's the part of town you're from.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler

Thank you so much! I might have to take the leap and go take a ride with them.

There is a nice weekend of riding at the Mount Dora Bike Fest this weekend. Mount Dora is north of Orlando. The ride is sponsored by the Chamber of Commerce. http://www.mountdora.com/bikefest/index.php

I know that the Seminole Cyclists have a lot of group rides http://www.seminolecyclist.org/
    and David's World Cycle has a lot of information for cycling in the Orlando area http://davidsworld.com/

Hope that helps! I'm not in Orlando but live about 1 1/2 hours South in Sebring.
    "Nothing compares to the simple pleasure of a bike ride"~John F. Kennedy

That helps a bunch. I just need to find a ride and show up. My hubby rides with the Seminole Cyclists a lot but he is much much to fast for me right now. LOL

I just found out about the Mount Dora weekend yesterday! We might go up on Sunday for a bit. Saturday I am riding in my first ride in Lake Mary with David's World Cycle. I am really looking forward to it.

If you are ever up in Orlando and want to take nice leisurely ride with a newbie let me know!

Florida Freewheelers says they're trying to add more women-specific events and information, but I couldn't find anything on their site other than they say they're going to. Some clubs are better about doing things than about keeping their websites updated though.
    Speed comes from what you put behind you. - Judi Ketteler