Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Cool Coping in your head!!!

To disable ads, please log-in.

How do you clear your head of rubbish that keeps going around and around, I mean things you worry about or just things in life you cannot do much about? Of course, like most of you, I jump on my bike and pedal.

All these where taken within 10 minutes or so but the way the sky can change.

Behind me the sky was beautiful, all very strange.

I thought this one was quite sad, no children playing with the buckets and spades.

Yes, hooray, autumn (or fall) is here in Engand and all the grockles and holiday makers are out of the way.

For me it was a beautiful and very relaxing ride and when I got home, I felt much better for it.

Clock
    Last edited by ClockworkOrange; 10-03-2009 at 09:35 AM.
    Clock

Orange Clockwork - Limited Edition 1998

‘Enjoy your victories of each day'

Quote Originally Posted by ClockworkOrange View Post
    How do you clear your head of rubbish that keeps going around and around, I mean things you worry about or just things in life you cannot do much about?
    In addition to riding my bike, I try to keep in mind that everything, both good and bad, is impermanent. The variable sky in your photos is a perfect reminder of how that works. Everything in life shifts, exactly like the sky going from clear and blue to stormy, and then back again.

Brilliant shots, thanks for sharing them. Gotta ask, though, because I love British slang: What's a grockle?
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Beautiful pictures.

If I can't ride, I like a long soak in the bath perusing mail order catalogs. Just look at all that stuff I don't need, and wouldn't have room to put away if I had it.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    In addition to riding my bike, I try to keep in mind that everything, both good and bad, is impermanent. The variable sky in your photos is a perfect reminder of how that works. Everything in life shifts, exactly like the sky going from clear and blue to stormy, and then back again.

Brilliant shots, thanks for sharing them. Gotta ask, though, because I love British slang: What's a grockle?
    I like your comments.

Actually it was a bit stupid of me stating "all the grockles and holiday makers are out of the way" It is the same thing.

GROCKLE: A holidaymaker, or one from out of town. Particularly used in the South of England, generally as a mildly derogatory term.
    I wish those grockles would all go home, 'cos I can't find anywhere to park the car.

There you go, full explanation.

Clock
    Clock

I like it.

I think I'll use it for people who clog up downtown trying to park so they can look at temple square holiday lights.

GROCKLE: A holidaymaker, or one from out of town. Particularly used in the South of England, generally as a mildly derogatory term.
    I wish those grockles would all go home, 'cos I can't find anywhere to park the car.
    Ah, that's what I call "tourons" here in D.C. Now I can call them grockles and no one will know that I'm being obnoxious

Why on earth do so many darned grockles insist on riding the subway during rush hour??
    "How about if we all just try to follow these very simple rules of the road? Drive like the person ahead on the bike is your son/daughter. Ride like the cars are ambulances carrying your loved ones to the emergency room. This should cover everything, unless you are a complete sociopath."
    David Desautels, in a letter to velonews.com

Random babblings and some stuff to look at.

Quote Originally Posted by Kalidurga View Post
    Ah, that's what I call "tourons" here in D.C. Now I can call them grockles and no one will know that I'm being obnoxious

Why on earth do so many darned grockles insist on riding the subway during rush hour??
    Love it, just Googled it:

A combination of a tourist and a moron

Clock
    Clock

Nice pictures! I'm going to use grockles and tourons too!

Riding my Luna & Rivendell in the Hudson Valley, NY
    I like the absurd irony of the 'observation deck' with the wrap around panoramic photo view of the beach, right in front of the actual view of the beach. Like, why have the real thing when their plastic fake view is so much better right there?
    Lisa
    Our bikes...OurBikes...and my mountain dulcimer blog
    Ruby's Website and My blog
    ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Thx for posting this thread, Clock. I like it. And I need it. Interested in the responses.

Since my crash, a lot of my happy head clearing places have been taken away. Pedaling being one of them.

Well, so today the best I could come up with was throwing the ball for my dog. Something about watching her simple joy and excitement made me go to another place for a while.

Nature... and specifically my wild birds I feed. I have been neglecting them lately. And today I managed to put out some new food for them. Like my dog, watching their sheer joy at having their tiny lives made a bit "better"... made ME a bit better.

Btw, love the water pics. Just listening to the roar of the tide is also very calming I think. Thx for sharing them.

Quote Originally Posted by BleeckerSt_Girl View Post
    I like the absurd irony of the 'observation deck' with the wrap around panoramic photo view of the beach, right in front of the actual view of the beach. Like, why have the real thing when their plastic fake view is so much better right there?
    It's something I have never given much thought to, perhaps because I would never be sitting there. I could support our stupid local Council and say it could act as a wind break?

In all honesty, we do not get amazing summers over here and if you look at this photo, maybe they just feel it brightens the sea front up a bit?

Also, once anybody sits down, I doubt if they can see very much either. I dare say a couple of guys made a decision on this one.

Clock
    Clock

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by Miranda View Post
    Thx for posting this thread, Clock. I like it. And I need it. Interested in the responses.

Since my crash, a lot of my happy head clearing places have been taken away. Pedaling being one of them.

Well, so today the best I could come up with was throwing the ball for my dog. Something about watching her simple joy and excitement made me go to another place for a while.

Nature... and specifically my wild birds I feed. I have been neglecting them lately. And today I managed to put out some new food for them. Like my dog, watching their sheer joy at having their tiny lives made a bit "better"... made ME a bit better.

Btw, love the water pics. Just listening to the roar of the tide is also very calming I think. Thx for sharing them.
    Oh Miranda, I am so sorry to hear you have obviously had a bad crash at some time.

OK, now I will come 100% clean!!!

Last night and this morning I felt like sh*t, just through worrying about my son and him not having any work at the moment.

Anyway, my almost 10 year old budgie has all sorts of problems but he is happy enough. Does not eat anything but budgie seed but not for the want of me trying.

So, this morning I thought I would try him yet again with a piece of lettuce.............RESULT!

Sorry, more pics coming up but did these make me feel very cheerful and happy, I suppose the other reason for dashing out on my bike before my partner got up.

My goodness, did he get the munchies.

A little bit further back.

Now for a rear view!

Hahaha, the green face says it all!

It still makes me laugh looking at these again and I certainly did not think I would be sharing them with people the other side of the world!

RESPECT to my budgie.

Clock
    Clock

Oh Miranda, I am so sorry to hear you have obviously had a bad crash at some time...

...OK, now I will come 100% clean!!! ...

It still makes me laugh looking at these again and I certainly did not think I would be sharing them with people the other side of the world!

RESPECT to my budgie.

Clock
    Awe, thank you so much, Clock, for posting those sweet birdie pics! And for the well wishes. Yes, I did crash bad few weeks ago--ugh. Hope things improve with DS. Was just E-ing a GF whose child is ill. The feeling of helplessness when your children hurt is awful. They hurt... you hurt. And I am SO glad your birdie ate!

The pics at first made me start to cry (at your kindness to share them). Then, I was laughing and grinning like a goof ball at the lettuce face pic!

On your last comment about not thinking you would be sharing the pics half way around the world... that made me think of something--related to your thread title.

I think all things, good and bad, do indeed happen for a reason. It's awful your birdie would not eat... but the joy of his success brightened someone else's day that needed / appreciated it (aka, me).

And I figure... maybe I was meant to have my crash for some reason. That's the tricky part... sometimes the reasons why are not always crystal clear at the moment, until later.

Trying to focus on THAT thought alone can sometimes help clear the head of all the rest we would like to not be there.

Hope your birdie eats a garden full of lettuce if his heart desires it!

Miranda

Smile

Hey Miranda, my turn to shed a few tears.

Your reply was lovely to read, many thanks.

OMG, I just checked your thread out detailing your awful accident, I so hope you are getting over it properly. Take it easy when you are fit enough to get back on your bike.

Hugs

Clock
    Clock

The sky & my animals (usually taken in combination) are my soul menders and they kindly send my mostly wordless prayers on to the Maker. Cycling does me a world of good via the magic medicine of endorphins, but when things get really rough, I need the sky. That's how we picked our home - the house was a wreck set in a glorious open circle.

VERY NICE PHOTOS, and oh, sweet parakeets - my Grammy's greeny-yellow Pepe said a jillion funny, pertinent things and kept her going through very hard times.