Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Well, I don't know if I can be in this, because I can't make myself set a goal, but I commuted once this week, out of 2 days of work. Is it okay if I just post like this, with no goal stated? I like leaving things open ended...

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Slow to start this challenge...0 commutes this week. My goal for next week is ONE commute by bike. To the post office, that is.

3 days Yay! I get teased unmercifully at work. They really shouldn't – it is the reason for my good mood when I get there in the morning. Otherwise I'm a bit of a grouch (understatement) in the mornings.

Deb

Only 2 days this week; one car (didn't know how the "3-5 inches of snow" on Monday would play out, especially since I can't afford studded tires for another few weeks), and 2 days working at home. Both biking days included cold drizzle / sleet, though.

And did about 90% of local errands by bike -- including 2 overflowing panniers and backrack of groceries. I am going to try out the Craigslist score (whoo!) Burley flatbed trailer this weekend to take bikes I'm framesaver'ing to the local co-op to use their crank / bottom bracket / headset tools.

If anyone cares, yesterday I completed my 100th bike commute of the year. I did not ride today, however, because of thick fog.
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

Thumbs up congrats Biciclista!

100 for the year! Way to go!! So cool to have a concrete goal and hit it in October even....hope the fog clears up soon.

Looking at all the love there that's sleeping
    Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    If anyone cares, yesterday I completed my 100th bike commute of the year. I did not ride today, however, because of thick fog.
    Of course we care!!!
    Congratulations! That is awesome.
    I hit 70 today. I don't think I'll make 100 this year.
    But...there's always 2010!
    2007 Seven ID8 - Bontrager InForm
    2003 Klein Palomino - Terry Firefly (?)
    2010 Seven Cafe Racer - Bontrager InForm
    2008 Cervelo P2C - Adamo Prologue Saddle

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    Great job, Mimi! 100 commutes is very impressive!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

A hundred rides is wonderful!

I'm also impressed that you can keep track of them. I tried last year, and forgot to keep track after about seven.

Quote Originally Posted by Biciclista View Post
    Ha ha - I DIDN'T commute twice as many times as you DID commute.

You go! I am impressed.
    Last edited by withm; 10-21-2009 at 06:23 AM.

ah thanks guys. I needed that little bit of encouragement. I can keep track as well as I do because my DH is obsessed about riding and reminds me to update my journal , as he's always checking it!

It all started the first year I finally rode to work on "bike to work day"
    I like Bikes - Mimi
    Watercolor Blog

Davidson Custom Bike - Cavaletta
    Dahon 2009 Sport - Luna
    Old Raleigh Mixte - Mitzi

4 days this week. I missed the day my bike was in the shop. He rebuilt the front wheel/hub/brakes. No more sqeaks. Today was glorious. I rode an extra bit after work because I couldn't bear for the ride to end.

Deb

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    4 days this week, too. Drove on Monday because I couldn't drag myself out of bed, but rode the rest of the week. Rode even when the weatherman said it would be 100% chance of rain two days (wrong!) and rode when there was a 20% chance of rain (and it rained on me).

I just LOVE riding to work. I don't always love getting out of bed 30 min. earlier, and it sometimes takes the place of a "real" bike ride after work- but it's the best mood-booster I've EVER found!!!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

I was 4 for 4 this week (today was my day off from work). Tri Girl - I completely agree with you. I have to get up 30 minutes earlier and chug down my coffee. Sometimes when I'm not real happy in the morning, I realize that it's not about my commute. It's about my destination - work But the commute usually puts me in a good mood or at least a better frame of mind.

So far, so good for me. I'm actually commuting on the bike 4 days a week, usually driving once. Haven't been running to work, too complicated for now. We'll see how things go this winter. It's an inspiration to read from you all.