Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

See Jane Tri Race Report

To disable ads, please log-in.

It's posted on our website with pictures. You can follow the link below.

Veronica
    Discipline is remembering what you want.

TandemHearts.com

I won't feel so bad if I need to walk tomorrow! Thanks!
    Love the pictures! You look awesome.

If I had had as good a race as I did last year, I would have been 5th in my age group this year.

Instead I was 33 out of 126 in my age group, 199 out of 745 overall. Oh well, not every race is going to be a great race.

Veronica

TandemHearts.com

where the wind comes sweeping down the plain
    No worries, V- we know you're a super tri stud no matter what those results say! And even tho I know you're not impressed with your finish- those places are VERY impressive. You finished in the top 20% ish. I've never done that.

Sounds like you had a tough day. You may be coming down with something. Then again, some days you're totally on, some days you're totally off.
    Congrats on your race. Pictures are great! That picture with all the signs pointing every which way is hilarious!
    Check out my running blog: www.turtlepacing.blogspot.com

Cervelo P2C (tri bike)
    Bianchi Eros (commuter/touring road bike)

1983 Motobecane mixte (commuter/errand bike)
    Cannondale F5 mountain bike

No water until mile 2 is terrible, especially if the weather was at all warm. I don't swig from my water bottle in transition either because I expect a water station not long after I start, but I have started taking in gel and water at the END of my ride as I coast to transition just in case it's longer than I think to get something. And stopping at a red light?

You did great, regardless. You just did REALLY great last year You look really good in the pictures, too. Too bad the vultures weren't sitting above the crazy sign, that would have been humorous.

Good job, V. I agree w/TriGirl that finishing in the top 20%ish is a superb accomplishment (despite the red light, slow/inexperienced bike riders, etc). That stuff was all out of your control....

Luna Eclipse//Terry B'fly
    Luna Orbit//Sella Italia Ldy Gel Flow
    Bianchi Eros Donna//Terry Falcon
    Seven Alaris//Jett 143
    Terry Isis (Titanium)//Terry B'fly

Nice work V! I cannot believe you had to stop at a red...All the races I run here - we have officers manning the major intersections- that's what part of our race entry fee goes toward.

I love the picture of the vultures..were they on the hill out of the quarry

"You can't get what you want till you know what you want." Joe Jackson

2006 Cannondale Feminine/Ultegra/Jett

2012 Trek Speed Concept 9.5/Ultegra/saddle TBD

V, I don't think you should have any beef with your time. You got stuck behind people. You had to stop at a light. Those things threw off your time. I think you were great.

Your "aero pads" ??

Veronica, you might not have felt great, but you look super strong.

I have a question about the "arm rests" on your bars. I haven't been around much, and have not seen just those rests without the actual aero bars?

I have aero bars on my bike, and kinda want to remove them for long climbing rides, but I love having the armrest parts to put my hands on to change up the angle for my back when it is a really long climbing day.

Do those things work pretty well in an aero position without the bars? How do they work?

Thanks! And congrats...your results were impressive.
    "The best rides are the ones where you bite off much more than you can chew, and live through it." ~ Doug Bradbury

I just have the pads on the bike right now. I took the aero bars off after my HIM, for a century ride I did with Thom and the bars just would not have been practical for that ride. I left the pads on because they're the hard part to get on and off. I didn't bother to put them on for See Jane, because the bike ride is so short and the course is kind of crowded withe a lot of novice riders - not a good place for aero bars. And I don't feel super secure in them yet either.

Thanks for the compliments!

Veronica

TandemHearts.com