Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Bordeaux region of France — Heavenly!

To disable ads, please log-in.

I just returned from 10 days in the Bordeaux region, actually nearer to St. Emilion, for a biking trip in the French countryside. It was awesome, and I'd go again in a heartbeat. The best biking I've ever experienced — quiet country roads, beautiful scenery, charming and friendly people everywhere, and great food (naturally).

I joined up with

http://www.lostendetours.com/

We rented Look bicycles. Nice bike!

Quote Originally Posted by kjay View Post
    I just returned from 10 days in the Bordeaux region, actually nearer to St. Emilion, for a biking trip in the French countryside. It was awesome, and I'd go again in a heartbeat. The best biking I've ever experienced — quiet country roads, beautiful scenery, charming and friendly people everywhere, and great food (naturally).

I joined up with

http://www.lostendetours.com/

We rented Look bicycles. Nice bike!
    Sounds heavenly; I'm so jealous. France is my happy place. Can you post pictures?
    Live with intention. Walk to the edge. Listen hard. Practice wellness. Play with abandon. Laugh. Choose with no regret. Continue to learn. Appreciate your friends. Do what you love. Live as if this is all there is.

--Mary Anne Radmacher

Between the Blue Ridge and the Chesapeake Bay
    Oh, you have hit a soft spot! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip. Bordeaux and the surrounding regions are delightful, and often overlooked by tourists from the U.S.

I toured that region - in a car, unfortunately - about 10 years ago and it was fantastic. I'd go back there with a bike any day! (But I'd make sure to have a big pannier for wine bottles!!) What a fantastic area. Fond memories of a B&B where we stayed in the countryside of St-Émilion: the owners were celebrating their 50th wedding anniversary and decided to have a great time with the guests, taking bottle after bottle out of the cellar and cooking a marvelous dinner. All that for under 500 francs (less than $100) for two, including dinner, wine, other drinks, breakfast, the night in a beautiful French farmhouse, and more. *sigh*

Actually I just might try to convince my husband that we need to go there in a couple of years!