Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Thread: Nanaimo...

Nanaimo...

To disable ads, please log-in.

I've seen a few people from Vancouver here. I'm living in Nanaimo now but have lived in the lower mainland, Northern BC and all over Alberta. When I used to commute regularly I lived either in Red Deer (where I grew up) or in Richmond (where I went to school). Richmond is so easy to bike around! lol

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Howdy! I haven't been to Nanaimo for awhile. Last time we were there a few years ago, we took ferry to Gabriola Island and cycled on self-guided art studios tour. Ended up buying a large wooden wall carving which could not be transported by bike home. So artist delivered it a few weeks later when he had errands to do in Vancouver.

Hopefully next year we will get out there since we have friends moving to Parksville (still on eastern coast of Vancouver Island) whom we would visit. Even make a stop to see the old growth rainforest park, Cathedral Grove. What is it like these days?
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I've only been in Nanaimo for a year and a half but I love it. I love island life. I will probably call Victoria 'home' once I graduate but would be happy almost anywhere on the island.

Do you live in downtown Vancouver? I used to live on the west end and loved it there too. We had a newfie puppy that we couldn't keep out of the water lol. Beautiful area. I'd live there again except for the prices and traffic.

Welcome! I'm in Victoria. I haven't posted here for quite a while; it has been an extremely busy year for me and I have barely touched my bikes. Maybe next year.
    I agree: island life is great!

Sherry.
    All vintage, all the time.
    Falcon Black Diamond
    Gitane Tour de France
    Kuwahara Sierra Grande MTB
    Bianchi Super Grizzly MTB

Hi Shara,
    I grew up in Red Deer too, (HS grad '75) but I'm guessing I left there long before you lived there. I've been in Portland, OR for almost 32 years now.

I have some family and some friends on the island, but we don't get up there to visit very often. Maybe one of these years.........
    Edna