Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 345678 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Ruby Elite Apex and her name is Phoebe... not sure why. It simply suits her

My red bike is Puddin', and my white bike is Jessica Rabbit, but she doesn't answer to that. I tried changing it to Arrow, but that didn't stick, either. She usually just gets called "my white Eddy". She seems to like the idea of being called Spike, but she gets a lot of flats, and I'm not sure I want to encourage that.
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.

I have been known to call my Bob Jackson steel road bike "Bob". Its name is written in several places on the bike, so I cannot quite picture changing it.

We have been close enough in the past that first names were appropriate, but it has been a while. So i may be referring to it as "Jackson" until we spend some more time together.

I have also been known to call it "the blue bike", to distinguish it from my green/purple fade Trek hybrid, which doesn't seem to have a real name.

After the rides I had this week I might call my bike "Dog Racer". I've been chased by 3 dogs in the past 2 days!

Love the topic!

I never named my bikes until Sky came into my life 3 years ago. She is a Rivendell Bleriot, the color of the sky. Quite ironic as my nickname is Sky King.

I also have an Orange Sam Hillborne frame I am contemplating a new build. He is a 52 cm but the stretch with Nitto Dirt Drops is just a snare to long for me so am thinking of moustache or albatross bars and using him more for local riding, not touring. As I live in Boise, home of the BSU broncos with school colors of orange and blue, he immediately took on the name Bronco.
    Sky King
    biketouringnews.com

I've been contemplating a name for my Madone I purchased the end of last year...The only thing coming to mind was Madonna, but I am not a Madonna fan. I think I'm going to settle on Mona Lisa because Mona is short for Madonna, I guess I could call her Lisa for short. Who know's if I will actually use the name but at least she has one now

Update:

Stella the Trek Pure cruiser bike has found a new home, but a Mountain Bike has take her place in the stable... A Trek xCal hard tail 29er named Guinevere.

Still have Louisville the Trek FX hybrid who recently got decked out with cool black fenders for rainy days. My Specialized Ruby Elite is named "Ruby" as I couldn't think of a name for her... She is all pretty and shines like a fine jewel, so Ruby was pretty fitting.
    Starbucks.. did someone say Starbucks?!?!
    http://www.cincylights.com

Ruby - she is a Ruby so I just thought that was appropriate.
    Shaula
    2011 Specialized Ruby

After my favorite bike, my Gary Fisher Hifi lovingly called Holly Golightly was damaged in a car wreck I got my Specialized Epic. She has a lime green/black/white frame that I have accented with purple accessories. My mom referred to her as a Mardi Gras bike but after riding the 29er a few times I have decided she is definitely a high Voodoo Priestess, so I have named her Marie Laveau.

And after my husband has wrecked the last two trucks I named (the only vehicles of his I named) I have told him the replacement will not have a name! But my car is still Gretchen.
    Last edited by Aggie_Ama; 05-13-2011 at 08:21 AM.
    Amanda

2011 Specialized Epic Comp 29er | Specialized Phenom | "Marie Laveau"
    2007 Cannondale Synapse Carbon Road | Selle Italia Lady Gel Flow | "Miranda"

You don't have to be great to get started, but you do have to get started to be great. -Lee J. Colan

I am new to riding but the naming of bikes started immediately and with a theme.

My first and current bike (A raleigh venture 3.0) is named Sally Sparrow.

I'm eyeing replacing it with a specialized vita elite and would name it Rose.

I looked at a Cannondale Quick 3 and would have named it Donna.

And the Trek 7.2... yup, Martha.

So its all the women of Doctor Who.

The name I tried to give my bike never stuck. So she's mostly just "Bike", Miss Princess Road Bike, or occasionally "Her Royal Highness, the Princess of Trails", since she's a bit of a brat, stubborn (I try to take her out for rides, and something goes wrong), occasionally thinks she's a cross bike, and most of our miles are done on the local rail-trail. We never really bonded.

I'd probably manage to name a bike I clicked with, though.

DBF's bike is Bikington (I named him).
    At least I don't leave slime trails.
    http://wholecog.wordpress.com/

2009 Giant Avail 3 |Specialized Jett 143

2013 Charge Filter Apex| Specialized Jett 143
    1996(?) Giant Iguana 630|Specialized Riva

Saving for the next one...

It took me a while of searching to find the right name after I bought my bike in March.

I have a Specialized Ruby, that is a deep blue, with a matte finish. So she could have been Sapphire- but I kept looking. Eventually, I was looking at pictures of wildflowers and found a flower called Speedwell! The scientific name is Veronica, so her name is Veronica Speedwell- Ms. Speedy or Very Speedy for short. (Actually, as a team, we're not that speedy, but that's not her fault. She's definitely faster than her predecessor, the Fuji).
    2016 Specialized Ruby Comp disc - Ruby Expert ti 155
    2010 Surly Long Haul Trucker - Jett 143

My Klein is a beautiful blue silver paint, the kind of paint job only Klein was able to do. When a friend saw her the first time he said "shiny!" and then started singing REM's shinning happy people so I have always called her Shiny.

My utopia is Flower Power because of the orange flower stickers I put on her.
    I pedal for chocolate

1999 Klein Quantum - Terry butterfly Ti
    2011 Trek Utopia - Bontrager Nebula Plus...for now

I bought a "Robin's Egg Blue" Surly Cross Check that I'm waiting on. Not sure what the name will be. My Trek FX 7.3 is Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird. The Cross Check is sturdy, utilitarian, quirky, and pretty ...like a Bulldog. So I'm thinking the name needs to represent the quirky/solidness, but sound "sexy" to compensate. lol

Ideas?
    "Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls & looks like work" - Thomas Edison

Quote Originally Posted by Velocivixen View Post
    I bought a "Robin's Egg Blue" Surly Cross Check that I'm waiting on. Not sure what the name will be. My Trek FX 7.3 is Scout from To Kill A Mockingbird. The Cross Check is sturdy, utilitarian, quirky, and pretty ...like a Bulldog. So I'm thinking the name needs to represent the quirky/solidness, but sound "sexy" to compensate. lol

Ideas?
    Lucy?
    '02 Eddy Merckx Fuga, Selle An Atomica
    '85 Eddy Merckx Professional, Selle An Atomica

'10 Soma Double Cross DC, Selle An Atomica

Slacker on wheels.