Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

I have 5 bikes..not all named though. The 1972 cherry red Schwinn Suburban, refurbished and outfitted with snazzy Cherry blossom panniers, bell, and moped mirror is 'Madame Ovary', in honour of my own shrinking ovaries. The Trek 8000 was affectionatly named The Blue Ba$tard, a tribute to the Ex who gave her to me. My powder blue beach crusier is 'Crusier', and my road bike, a Felt f55 is 'My bike'; I can't quite determine it's assigned gender yet.
    I'm working on a name for an old lugged steel Miyata, bright yellow and heavy as sin.

Artemis. The goddess who is alone in the lonely places...Shes blue and white.
    Conquering illness, one step at time.

"Buffy" after my favorite character from my favorite TV show...Buffy the Vampire Slayer. I've apologized to her at times for accidental roughness.

My comfort bike's name is Sally.

I don't usually use names; my cats probably think their names are "cat" and "other cat" (interchangeable, depending on number of cats in sight and which I see first).

My commuter is a 2005 Bianchi Castro Valley... it takes much to long to explain that it is a Volpe cx frame built up and sold as a commuter, so I've actually started thinking of it as the Volpe (if I get S&S couplers put in I will actually "rebrand" it as a Volpe, I think). It was my first and only bike for a long time, so it really didn't need anything other than "my bike." Now its name is "my workhorse" if anything. Gender neutral or male.

As a contrast to "my workhorse," I started thinking of my 1998 Bianchi Eros as a gazelle. This is close to my cousin's online handle Giselle, so that just slid into place. Sorry coz for stealing your "name," and sorry Eros for giving you a French name!

I didn't plan on naming my Orbea, but I call her "Sister" when I want to kick butt. Smile.. So I guess I have named her.

I've been calling my new Trek bike, "Trekkie". We rode 73 miles today! After a week of no riding (rainy and/or windy weather, or just not enough time!) it was great to get out and have a nice long ride!

My bike is most often referred too as "baby!" She is my new baby. ALTHOUGH I should call her something more like "my owie." We have had some serious issues over the last month of me riding (my first month of riding!) I still love her though. :-)
    ~ Annie ~

Melancholy is incompatible with bicycling. ~James E. Starrs
    My fitness blog

foothills of the Ozarks aka Tornado Alley
    I have Frank. Frank and I have shared many long rides together. He's very tenacious and stubborn like the Schleck brother.

My Cannondale touring bike - Millie. I got her in 2000.

My Cannondale road bike - Bluedale
    www.bicycletouringtales.com

"Nothing happens unless first a dream"

Carl Sandburg

Demonstrating my distinct lack of imagination, my bikes have rather dull names though perhaps the fact that they each have two names offsets that?

"Hybrid" aka "first"
    "Road" aka "second"

After I crashed on the road bike soon after getting it, some of my friends took to calling it "killer." I don't think that counts though.

Are you kidding?
    Even some of my shirts have names. Recently, I confessed to having named a bruise.

Even some of my shirts have names
    I'm guessing you don't mean "my favorite shirt"

My guitars have names: Pete, Arlo, and "The Guitar to be Named Later." I'd like to name my new bike, but nothing has suggested itself. My oldest daughter names everything – her Buick is Betty, her Nissan was Stella, and my red van is "Bertha the Loser Cruiser" (said with affection, of course). Any good suggestions for a sweet, electric blue Kona?

Deb

Western Canada-prairies, mountain & ocean
    Quote Originally Posted by gnat23 View Post
    Brie, the road bike (smooth and expensive)
    Chevre, the mountain bike
    Gouda, the Dutch-style cruiser
    Roquefort (aka, Rocky, aka the Stella), the antique project bike

and please welcome the most recent addition to the harem:
    Kraft, the singlespeed cross bike

-- gnat! (This is all after Cheddar went to a new home)
    Wow. Some real creative brains here.

No, I'm just dull and thoughtless. Bikes are referred to their model name. I do name databases though....at work. Is a serious marketing matter. Seriously.
    My Personal blog on cycling & other favourite passions.
    遙知馬力日久見人心 Over a long distance, you learn about the strength of your horse; over a long period of time, you get to know what’s in a person’s heart.

I call my Felt road bike 'the Brat' because it gave me a few problems when I first got it (went to shift to the small chain ring and the chain came right off and got caught in the frame...almost took a nasty spill). Just got a new mountain bike but it doesn't have a name just yet.