Welcome guest, is this your first visit? Click the "Create Account" button now to join.

To disable ads, please log-in.

Shop at TeamEstrogen.com for women's cycling apparel.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

To disable ads, please log-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Catriona View Post
    Bizarrely, I've named other people's bikes, but never mine.
    Same.

I think of my bike as an extension of me, and I don't generally name my body parts. A leg is a leg.

"Where does it hurt?" "It hurts in my Bianchi, doctor."

Quote Originally Posted by aeiea View Post
    Same.

I think of my bike as an extension of me, and I don't generally name my body parts. A leg is a leg.

"Where does it hurt?" "It hurts in my Bianchi, doctor."
    mine are... my mountain bike, my litespeed, my carbon bike, and my flaming surly.

someone suggested that i call the flaming surly flurly, but that hasn't caught on.

My Kuota is called "my bike." My Jamis Coda is called "the Jamis." Once in awhile I call it Jamie. The mountain bike is "the mountain bike."
    I generally would not make up names for inanimate objects

My old 3-speed beach cruiser was "Edith" and my road bike is "Lexi". I named her Lexi because that sounds like a fast, sleek, beautiful, sophisticated name.

It helps with work excuses too. "Sorry I couldn't make it in for the first part of the meeting. Lexi needed a little extra attention this morning." When you say something like that, people won't say "Who's Lexi?" because they think they're supposed to know and they walk off scratching their heads. I can hear their thoughts "I know she doesn't have a small child. Does she? No - but she doesn't have grandchildren, either. Her niece? Whatever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tropical Scream View Post
    Just named her "Speedbump."

And I've been promising her all week that I won't lay her down on the street again for a while.

Best regards,
    Darilyn
    http://www.tropicalscreamer.blogspot.com/
    That cracks me up!

I call my main road bike "Black Beauty" and all three bikes are sometimes referred to as "she."

I DO talk to my bikes! I frequently praise Black Beauty and if I have neglected her as I see her sitting in the basement waiting I promise her that we will go out soon. If I take a different bike out I may tell BB "Don't worry, you're still no. 1 and I'll take you next time."

Ok, I am crazy.

I talk to the bike & my legs up really hard hills.

Or I cuss out the bf who is usually the person who talked me into going up them.

It makes the hills go by faster.

Brie, the road bike (smooth and expensive)
    Chevre, the mountain bike
    Gouda, the Dutch-style cruiser
    Roquefort (aka, Rocky, aka the Stella), the antique project bike

and please welcome the most recent addition to the harem:
    Kraft, the singlespeed cross bike

-- gnat! (This is all after Cheddar went to a new home)

Road Bike-Zoe (Felt Z80, tall, smart and quick)
    Walmart Mountain Bike- Jayne (orange/copper colored, big, slow, and not too smart but gets me home everytime-despite nearly getting me killed in the process)
    =)
    You must do the thing you think you cannot do.
    - Eleanor Roosevelt

My Trek Madone is named Dara for Dara Torres since I started cycling and bought her at 40.

I just got a used Diomand Back. She reminded me of Kathrine Hepburn's character in "On Golden Pond" so her name Ethel but. Yea, I know to most other people it would seem crazy that a bike would remind you of a movie character. But I'm ok with being bike obsessed.
    Women are. Like tea bags; you never know how strong she is until she gets in hot water~ Eleanor Roosevelt

Hmmm...
    I'm still trying to think of a good name. My new bike is black with a little red.

My bike is Clifford, as in Clifford The Big Red Bike, I also name my car. I don't really know why,I just always have

My bike was purchased used, an old Cannondale...and the prior owner had blacked out some of her logo letters and named her "Can o' ale". She was kidn of a workhorse, mis-treated and unappreciated.
    When I changed gearshifters out and cleaned her up the Cannondale reappeared...and I thought she might want a new name...but I haven't found a good one just yet.
    Hiking, Biking, Paddling, Swimming, Surfing, & Running to my heart's content (or at least trying).
    You're never too old to try something new!

I started out calling my bike Pinky, then she just sort of became Baby. But then I somehow switched back to Pinky. Probably partially because my riding buddy calls her bike Baby. But Pinky is much more fitting, anyway, cause I'm SUCH the pink person, at least where cycling is concerned. I inspired my club to get pink jerseys even! Go Team Pink!!!
    GO RIDE YOUR BIKE!!!

2009 Cannondale Super Six High Modulus / SRAM Red / Selle San Marco Mantra